none
Windows Home Server, IE and Mac

السؤال

• I am a web developer who mainly works on a Mac. Recently, I have decided I need a PC for my office to debug website and insure cross browser compatibility. I have found a small server with Windows Home Server that looks like it would suit my needs near perfectly. I know it can share files between all the computers that I need it to, backup the ones I need it to, etc, but I do have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to:

Can I browse the web using Internet Explorer on WHS from my Mac in another room?

I've been using another computer via LogMeIn.com but I have to wait until the other users leave or go to lunch, whatever; and it's a little annoying. I was debating on just buying a PC and loading it with storage and opening it up to the network. Is there a more simple way to browse the web using IE on a PC via a Mac and share files?
    13/ذو الحجة/1430 03:21 م

جميع الردود

• Logging in to the Windows Home Server desktop is unsupported, as is using it as a desktop machine (which is really what you're saying you want to do). So for your debugging, you shoud continue to use some other computer, rather than a computer running Windows Home Server. (Note: "unsupported" in this context means "you shouldn't do this because it's not designed to be used this way and nobody can tell you if something will go subtly wrong in 6 months" rather than "it won't work at all" or "it will work but your server will melt next month".)

For the more generic question of "how do I do this debugging I want to do" how about running Windows in Boot Camp on your Mac? You could even put an "I'm a PC" sticker on your Mac, if your sense of humor runs in that direction. :) 
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    13/ذو الحجة/1430 06:15 م