none
Using all cores in a multi processor system

السؤال

• Hello, I am running Window's 7 Ultimate on an Intel Machine.  The processors are a pair of Xeon W5580 quad cores.  When running, Windows recognizes all the cores and is able to run two jobs per core.  I built the Machine for doing CFD calculations and i am using Unigraphics NX for the analysis.  When I run the "Windows Task Manager" and look at performance I notice that only two of the cores are busy at most so the computation on a fine mesh is much slower then it could be.  Only about 6% oc the CPU resources are used. 

Is there a way to gen windows to split the computations up across more of the cores?

Thanks

Scott

14/جمادى الثانية/1431 03:52 م

الإجابات

• Hi Scott,

I think you'll need to ask someone at Siemens your question. The number of cores an application process uses at any one time depends on the design of the application and how many threads the application spins up for its use. For example, perhaps the application is designed to always request cores from different sockets. Since you have two sockets, then the application would only use two processors in that case. Alternatively, perhaps the application is only running in two threads. Again, in that case it would never need more than two cores at any one time.

Regards,

Patrick

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Don PatteeModerator 27/شوال/1431 11:29 م
    28/جمادى الثانية/1431 03:06 ص