16/ذو القعدة/1430 10:51 م
I have a single OCS 2007 R2 Standard internally and an OCS 2007 R2 Access Edge on my DMZ. Remote users could use IM and OC-OC voice calls. Suddenly I realized the remote users cannot make OC-OC Voice calls to internal users again. It rings once and then disconnects.
I would appreciate any assistance
17/ذو القعدة/1430 01:46 صJK,
I'd suggest starting out with a couple of quick sanity checks.
* Please check that all DNS names for the edge server resolve to the correct IP
* Once that is verified please check that you can telnet to those IPs on port 443 (and 5061 for the access edge port)
* Please run an IPConfig from your edge server and verify it only has a default gateway on its public side, the internal NIC should use route adds to get to the internal networks
* Go to http://www.digicert.com/help and test each of your public facing certificates
* Verify your pool still has the A/V edge server configured and can connect to it
Also, please check the event log of you edge server and FE for errors including TLS connection failures (sometimes due to certificate issues).
Please post back any info from the above troubleshooting and if you don't find anything also include some details about your environment including:
# of NICs on Edge and configuration
Locations of firewalls
FE configuration info
hope this helps!
Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
22/ذو القعدة/1430 07:00 صالمشرفHi
Kevin gave some good suggestions.
Any update for your issue?
Could you publish more information, such as event log on the remote clicent, or you can use the netmon to catch some log, and the log in the edge server.
And then, we can help you get through your issue.