Link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 is not valid.

الإجابات

• I wish that I was writing with a word of help, but I also have the same exact issue that you do, and have gotten the same results from Microsoft, my ISP and my computer manufacturer...that it is a Microsoft issue that must be resolved by Microsoft. It seems that nobody wants to claim responsibility for the issues, but the way I see it, my problems started with automatic updates that are recommended by Microsoft.  Now that they have failed, there is no support.  Who do you trust?
    20/جمادى الأولى/1428 11:22 م
  • The problems are not with our servers.

-phil

17/شوال/1427 07:24 ص
  • Pfswindows,

Can you download it on another computer and transfer by floppy, flash drive, or other media?

Can you ask a friend to download it and then email it to you?

That link works fine for me as of 30 seconds ago.

13/شوال/1427 06:57 م
  • I just tried it from two other computers and get the same results. Is there some setting in IE that might be preventing me from going there?
    13/شوال/1427 07:28 م
  • I am still having trouble with this. Is there some combination of IE settings that is preventing me from accessing this site? I have the problem on multiple computers that are not related in any way, but all run XP. I am so disappointed in the problems I am having with all of this software.
    14/شوال/1427 09:29 م
  • pfs:

No, it could be something on your internet service provider that is preventing the downloading of the diagnostics tool.

What happens when you go to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag and press "Check"?

How about http://download.microsoft.com?

-phil

15/شوال/1427 08:15 ص
  • I can successfully go to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag but not to http://download.microsoft.com. In any case, I got someone to email me the MGADiag.exe and here are the results. I desperately need a resolution to not being able to download things from the microsoft web site because my XP won't validate:

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0555.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2MDY9-F6J9M-K42BQ
    Windows Product Key Hash: jY+nlE0RT38EEXpeUqSdQPABSQc=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00101
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 04e4c282-a60a-4971-ba2f-406af283d59a
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.554.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.554.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>04e4c282-a60a-4971-ba2f-406af283d59a</UGUID><Version>1.5.0555.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K42BQ</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00101</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2571796999-2878705790-868516919</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>Presario V5000 (EE869AV)          </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.09</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20060313000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>FDFE3507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91130409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Small Business</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>7DC6BA96BE17D10</Val><Hash>bPFl45u8A9Nsa5eooO+YaOex4jk=</Hash><Pid>54188-OEM-1790495-69864</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

15/شوال/1427 07:07 م
  • I suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider to diagnose your connectivity issues. You'll need to be able to access download.microsoft.com.

Many of these users are having the same issue with their ISP (http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=860646&SiteID=25)

-phil

16/شوال/1427 02:34 ص
  • In the meantime, please continue troubleshooting my Windows Genuine problem. I have posted my diagnostic results. This is the more critical issue.
    16/شوال/1427 01:50 م
  • Pfswindows,

Can you get to this location to validate?  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

If so, restart after validation is successful and see if it clears your WGA nag screens.

Post back to let us know...

16/شوال/1427 06:10 م
  • I have always been able to get to that site, but do not successfully validate and do not see the msg to install the ACTIVEX control. Then I go to the alternate method and get the following:

Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error

[0x80080296]

16/شوال/1427 07:36 م
  • I followed the advice of the forum you sent me to, which says to enter specific DNS servers in the IP settings. That has worked and I can now validate and download. It's interesting and frustrating that the only websites that I have experienced these problems on are Microsoft's. My ISP refused to help me because of this. They said it must be on your end. With all the people reporting the same problems, perhaps Microsoft should consider fixing this problem. If you go to the forum you sent me to, you will see all the frustrations.
    16/شوال/1427 10:14 م
  • Fuhgitit,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1.      Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2.      Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

21/جمادى الأولى/1428 05:30 م

جميع الردود

• Pfswindows,

Can you download it on another computer and transfer by floppy, flash drive, or other media?

Can you ask a friend to download it and then email it to you?

That link works fine for me as of 30 seconds ago.

13/شوال/1427 06:57 م
  • I just tried it from two other computers and get the same results. Is there some setting in IE that might be preventing me from going there?
    13/شوال/1427 07:28 م
  • I am still having trouble with this. Is there some combination of IE settings that is preventing me from accessing this site? I have the problem on multiple computers that are not related in any way, but all run XP. I am so disappointed in the problems I am having with all of this software.
    14/شوال/1427 09:29 م
  • pfs:

No, it could be something on your internet service provider that is preventing the downloading of the diagnostics tool.

What happens when you go to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag and press "Check"?

How about http://download.microsoft.com?

-phil

15/شوال/1427 08:15 ص
  • I can successfully go to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag but not to http://download.microsoft.com. In any case, I got someone to email me the MGADiag.exe and here are the results. I desperately need a resolution to not being able to download things from the microsoft web site because my XP won't validate:

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0555.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2MDY9-F6J9M-K42BQ
    Windows Product Key Hash: jY+nlE0RT38EEXpeUqSdQPABSQc=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00101
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 04e4c282-a60a-4971-ba2f-406af283d59a
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.554.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.554.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>04e4c282-a60a-4971-ba2f-406af283d59a</UGUID><Version>1.5.0555.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K42BQ</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00101</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2571796999-2878705790-868516919</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>Presario V5000 (EE869AV)          </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.09</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20060313000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>FDFE3507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91130409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Small Business</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>7DC6BA96BE17D10</Val><Hash>bPFl45u8A9Nsa5eooO+YaOex4jk=</Hash><Pid>54188-OEM-1790495-69864</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

15/شوال/1427 07:07 م
  • I suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider to diagnose your connectivity issues. You'll need to be able to access download.microsoft.com.

Many of these users are having the same issue with their ISP (http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=860646&SiteID=25)

-phil

16/شوال/1427 02:34 ص
  • In the meantime, please continue troubleshooting my Windows Genuine problem. I have posted my diagnostic results. This is the more critical issue.
    16/شوال/1427 01:50 م
  • Pfswindows,

Can you get to this location to validate?  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

If so, restart after validation is successful and see if it clears your WGA nag screens.

Post back to let us know...

16/شوال/1427 06:10 م
  • I have always been able to get to that site, but do not successfully validate and do not see the msg to install the ACTIVEX control. Then I go to the alternate method and get the following:

Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error

[0x80080296]

16/شوال/1427 07:36 م
  • I followed the advice of the forum you sent me to, which says to enter specific DNS servers in the IP settings. That has worked and I can now validate and download. It's interesting and frustrating that the only websites that I have experienced these problems on are Microsoft's. My ISP refused to help me because of this. They said it must be on your end. With all the people reporting the same problems, perhaps Microsoft should consider fixing this problem. If you go to the forum you sent me to, you will see all the frustrations.
    16/شوال/1427 10:14 م
  • The problems are not with our servers.

-phil

17/شوال/1427 07:24 ص
  • I wish that I was writing with a word of help, but I also have the same exact issue that you do, and have gotten the same results from Microsoft, my ISP and my computer manufacturer...that it is a Microsoft issue that must be resolved by Microsoft. It seems that nobody wants to claim responsibility for the issues, but the way I see it, my problems started with automatic updates that are recommended by Microsoft.  Now that they have failed, there is no support.  Who do you trust?
    20/جمادى الأولى/1428 11:22 م
  • Fuhgitit,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1.      Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2.      Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

21/جمادى الأولى/1428 05:30 م
  • I have a genuine copy of Windows but cannot validate. All of the threads say to go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 for the WGA Diagnostic tool. That link does not work. I have tried every suggestion I see to get my copy of Windows to validate and am still unsuccessful.

我的好朋友们你好
    17/جمادى الأولى/1432 06:22 ص
  • "吴长慌" wrote in message news:6a5890df-2cee-4c15-ab9b-06d3d41588d9...
    I have a genuine copy of Windows but cannot validate. All of the threads say to go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 for the WGA Diagnostic tool. That link does not work. I have tried every suggestion I see to get my copy of Windows to validate and am still unsuccessful.

我的好朋友们你好
    The link works fine for most people - there must be a setting or proxy disallowing it on your computer

Open Internet Properties.
    Reset the Security settings to Default.
    Try the download again.

Are you running behind a proxy server? do you have a malware infestation?

Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (www.malwarebytes.org ) update it, then boot to Safe Mode, and run a Full System Scan in your main user profile, and a Quick Scan in every other profile.
    Then try the link again.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    17/جمادى الأولى/1432 07:43 ص
    المشرف
  • Note to All users:  Please do not resurrect 4+ year old threads.

If you have an issue, please create your own thread.

<Thread Locked>

Darin MS
    19/جمادى الأولى/1432 12:15 ص
    المالك