SyncToy 2.0 has just been released to the Microsoft Download center. SyncToy 2.0 for Windows is available as a free download and is an easy to use, customizable application that helps you copy, move, rename, and delete files between folders and computers.
SyncToy is powered by Microsoft Sync Framework and is yet another example of how Sync Framework helps to create end-to-end solution for enabling synchronization of any content or data.
- Dynamic Drive Letter Assignment: Drive letter reassignment will now be detected and updated in the folder pair definition.
- True Folder Sync: Folder creates, renames and deletes are now synchronized for all SyncToy actions.
- Exclusion Filtering Based on Name: File exclusion based on name with exact or fuzzy matching.
- Filtering Based on File Attributes: The ability to exclude files based on one or more file attributes (Read-Only, System, Hidden).
- Unattended Folder Pair Execution: Addressed issues related to running scheduled folder pairs while logged off.
- Folder Pairs With Shared Endpoints: Ability for folder pairs associated with the same or different instances of SyncToy to share end-points.
- Command line enhancements: Added the ability to manage folder pairs via the command line interface.
- Re-Architect Sync Engine: The SyncToy engine has been rearchitected to provide scalability and the ability to add significant enhancements in future releases.
- Sync engine is also more robust insomuch that many single, file level errors are skipped without affecting the entire sync operation.
- Sync Encrypted Files: Sync of Encrypted files works when local folder and files are encrypted, which addresses the common scenario involving sync between local, encrypted laptop PC folder and remote, unencrypted desktop PC folder.
- 64-Bit Support: SyncToy now has a native 64-bit build (x64 only) for 64-bit versions of Windows.
- Folder pair rename
- Sub-folder Exclusion Enhancements: Descendents created under excluded sub-folders are automatically excluded. Usability improvements for the sub-folder exclusion dialog.
- Folder Pair Metadata Moved: Folder pair metadata removed from MyDocuments to resolve any issues with server-based folder pair re-direction setup.
- Setup Improvements: Integrated setup with single self-extracting archive file and no extra downloads if you already have .NET Framework 2.0 installed. Enabled silent install for the SyncToy Installer file (see readme.txt file for more information).
- Removed combine and subscribe actions.
SyncToy 2.0 is available for download from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C26EFA36-98E0-4EE9-A7C5-98D0592D8C52&displaylang=en
Liam15/شعبان/1429 12:06 ص
Wanted to list out a few of the key improvements we have made to the SyncToy code since releasing the 2.0 Beta last year, based on feedback from customers. These are the key improvements:
Performance improvements (based on performance issues reported on the SyncToy forums)
UI rendering issues with using large fonts and non-standard DPI
Setup improvements as noted above
Usability improvements to the sub-folder exclusion dialog - dialog is now resizable, each node only shows the folder name instead of the full path, etc.
Usability improvements when running with lower screen resolutions
Native 64-bit build for users who run 64-bit Windows
Error reporting and logging improvements for better troubleshooting of issues
Fixed the DST bug when synchronizing with FAT32 volumes
Fixed issue with drive letter change detection for external USB hard-disks
Hope this helps resolve a majority of the issues that have been reported after the Beta was released.15/شعبان/1429 01:05 ص
Though I'm using Japanese version of Windows, there still seem to be a timestamp difference bug like at
Many files that I know to be identical, are forced to be overwrited repeatedly. Time defference is 9 hours for me ( in Japan ).
I'm using Vista Business SP1, and XP Pro SP3. Both versions have same problems.17/شعبان/1429 03:51 م