none
Change Default Gateway/Router IP address in Home server

السؤال

• I had to change the IP address of my router when I got a new DSL modem. I now cannot connect to my server because it is looking for the router at the old address. I have searched but have not been able to find a way to change the router address. HELP

13/شعبان/1429 12:29 ص

جميع الردود

•  Ted Washington wrote:
    I had to change the IP address of my router when I got a new DSL modem.

What was it before?  What is it now?

Ted Washington wrote:
    I now cannot connect to my server because it is looking for the router at the old address. I have searched but have not been able to find a way to change the router address. HELP

First, do you have a static IP address set up on your server?  Is your router handing out IP addresses to your clients?  Please provide more details.  (Also, if you can provide an ipconfig /all from your client and your server, that would help.)

13/شعبان/1429 12:56 ص
  • It was 192.168.1.1 it had to be changed to 192.168.2.1

13/شعبان/1429 01:39 ص
  • Router dynamically serves addresses

13/شعبان/1429 01:42 ص
  • I don't understand why you felt you had to change your IP addressing when you replaced your DSL modem, but no matter. You have a couple of options. Probably the easiest is if you have a keyboard, monitor, and mouse you can connect to your server:
    • Do so and reboot your server.
    • Log in using the user name Administrator, and the password for the console.
    • A warning will appear in Internet Explorer. Read it and take it to heart, then close that window.
    • Select Start → Control Panel → Network Connections.
    • Right click Local Area connection and select Properties.
    • Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the list box and click Properties.
    You can configure your server to obtain an IP address automatically; that works for most people and is Microsoft's preference. Or you can configure your server manually. Find out what the subnet settings are from another PC on your network by:
    • Open a command prompt.
    • Type ipconfig and press Enter. Your IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS settings will be shown.
    • Configure your server with an IP address in the same subnet as your other PCs, but that doesn't duplicate any of those IP addresses. If they obtain their IP addresses automatically, make sure the IP address you assign is outside the DHCP range of your router. Configure the other settings identically to the other OCs (gateway, subnet mask, DNS servers).
    • You should now be able to contact your server on your network.
    13/شعبان/1429 02:22 ص