11/جمادى الثانية/1431 10:47 ص
After completing installation for Management Reporter ERP for GP.
I was unable to launch the Report Designer. it gives an error
cannot connect to Management Reporter Server. Do you want to specify a different server address?
attempt to connect gives the message the version of the database is incorrect. install the correct version of the database
20/جمادى الثانية/1431 03:26 م
Have you been successful in resolving this issue.
I have the same issue, after several unsuccessful attempts.
25/جمادى الثانية/1431 07:24 ص
kindly check the properties of management reporter application pool in IIS.Apllication pool identity must be configured with DOMAIN USER ACCOUNT.
05/رجب/1431 12:04 ص
I am getting the same error even thought the identity is configured with Domain User Account.
05/رجب/1431 11:09 م
This isn't all inclusive but here is a pretty good checklist we've come up with.
You receive the following error when connecting to Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics ERP:
"Can't connect to the Management Reporter server. Do you want to specify a different server address?"
Then when you click Test Connection you receive:
"The version of the database is incorrect. Install the correct version of the database."
This can be caused by a number of issues:
1. Management Reporter will only function while connected to the domain it was installed on. Even if all MR server components are on one machine, that machine still needs to be connected to the domain you were on when you installed MR.
2. Confirm the Application Service application pool is running. This is found in Internet Information Services Manager and is the Management Reporter app pool.
3. Confirm the Management Reporter Process Service is running. This is found under Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Management Reporter Process Service.
4. Confirm the Identity of the Application Service app pool has GeneralUser and public SQL roles to the Management Reporter SQL database.
5. Confirm the user running the Management Reporter Process Service has GeneralUser and public SQL roles to the Management Reporter SQL database.
6. Confirm the IIS machine has the port used in the MR installation set up as an exclusion on any Firewalls (Windows Firewall included).
7. Another way to test to confirm whether or not the Application Service is running correctly is to type in the following in IE:
This should return a page with code samples. If you get an HTTP error then ASP.NET 2.0 may not be enabled or the Application Service may not be running.
8. Check the Event Viewer for more information
9. Stop and Start the Management Reporter application pool. Check the Event Viewer for errors.
10. Stop and Start the Management Reporter Process Service. Check the Event Viewer for errors.
11. Windows Server 2003 – Web Service Extensions in IIS, Active Server Pages can’t be set to Prohibited.
Once we finalize the steps and details we'll get a KB published on this.
- تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة Bob Callanan 08/رمضان/1431 10:14 م
08/رمضان/1431 10:17 م
One final step worked for us. We ran repair on each of the Management Report applications, then rebooted the server after repairing the data provider. It worked fine after that.
Our system had been running fine until a few days ago when this problem arose - we still don't know what started it.