none
Is Windows Server 2008 running Visual Studio 2010 appropriate for Developing Speech Applications being deployed to Windows 7 (using SAPI 5.4)

Dotaz

• I am currently developing a Speech Application using Visual Studio 2010 (in C++) on a Windows 7 platform that uses the SAPI 5.4.  My speech application will ultimately be deployed to a Windows 7 environment for use.  The IT team is use to the Unix Style Client-Server software development environment, where each developer, from a client terminal, logs on to the development server to compile and link the application, then deploys the resulting executable and library files to the target to run/test the application.  I was planning to purchase Windows Server 2008 R2, and a Visual Studio 2010 multi-seat server license (if one exists) to support say up to 5 developers logging onto the Server machine to perform the development.

Would developing my Windows 7 Speech Application (that uses SAPI 5.4, and MS Windows 7 Speech Engine) on a Windows Server 2008 machine be appropriate? Does the Microsoft SDK for Windows Server 2008 include SAPI 5.4 (like Windows7 MS SDK does)?

I have seen on other postings the MS Speech Engine for single user Windows 7 may be different from the Windows Server 2008 speech engine, so I assume I would not be able to run/test my Speech application directly on the Windows 2008 server machine.  I belive I would need to deploy my Speech Application to the Windows 7 machine to test my speech application.  Is that correct?

3. května 2011 14:22