locked
Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 is available

    Dotaz

  • The Windows Home Server Team is pleased to announce that Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 RTW is now available:

     

    This update will be automatically downloaded to your home server as part of Automatic Updates; however, if you wish to receive it sooner than it is available via AU, please see the instructions for a manual install available at the download site.

     

     

    KB944289 Power Pack 1 new features and improvements include:

    ·         Windows vista x64

    ·         Backup of home server shared folders

    ·         Improvement for remote access

    ·         More efficient power consumption

    ·         Better performance

    ·         And a fix for the corruption bug

     

     

    If you receive a permissions denied error while running the update:

    Please copy the update package to your Windows Home Server desktop and try running it from there.  If this does not work, please right click on the file on the desktop and select properties.

     

    Once in the file properties, you should see the option to unblock the file.  After the file is unblocked, you should be able to install.

     

    Thank you for your support!

    Windows Home Server Team

    22. července 2008 17:19

Odpovědi

  •  Lara Jones [MS] wrote:

     

    If you receive a permissions denied error while running the update:

    Please copy the update package to your Windows Home Server desktop and try running it from there.  If this does not work, please right click on the file on the desktop and select properties.

     

    Once in the file properties, you should see the option to unblock the file.  After the file is unblocked, you should be able to install.

     

    Thank you for your support!

    Windows Home Server Team

     

    Really appreciate the clues! The information about "unblock" was what I missed the first time around. I like that added security. Thanks!

    24. července 2008 10:08

Všechny reakce

  • Many thanks.

    Installed smooth as...

    Look forward to the next improvement which MUST be the ability to backup and restore the WHS server machine itself.

     

    23. července 2008 10:18
  •  Lara Jones [MS] wrote:

     

    If you receive a permissions denied error while running the update:

    Please copy the update package to your Windows Home Server desktop and try running it from there.  If this does not work, please right click on the file on the desktop and select properties.

     

    Once in the file properties, you should see the option to unblock the file.  After the file is unblocked, you should be able to install.

     

    Thank you for your support!

    Windows Home Server Team

     

    Really appreciate the clues! The information about "unblock" was what I missed the first time around. I like that added security. Thanks!

    24. července 2008 10:08
  • When will Power Pack 1 be available through Windows Home Server Automatic update? I have run update now several times and no updates are available.

     

    25. července 2008 16:08
  •  LJ4951 wrote:
    When will Power Pack 1 be available through Windows Home Server Automatic update? I have run update now several times and no updates are available.

     

     

    The current timeline for PP1 to be pushed down via AU is the 2nd Tuesday in August. If you wish to install this prior to that date, you will need to follow the instructions for a manual install.

     

    I apologize for any confusion.

    Lara Jones

    25. července 2008 19:28
  • It should be noted that if you have the HP Media Smart Server I believe HP wants to install this update via their update service.  If this is true this is important because I believe there are quite a few HP Media Smart Servers out there.

     

    25. července 2008 20:31
  •  HBV wrote:
    It should be noted that if you have the HP Media Smart Server I believe HP wants to install this update via their update service.  If this is true this is important because I believe there are quite a few HP Media Smart Servers out there.

     

     

    Hello HBV,

     

    I think there is some confusion in the messaging regarding the various updates.

     

    HP's update service will not include PP1 nor have they asked us to request that Media Smart Server users wait for their service to receive it.

     

    PP1 will come down via Automatic Updates (MS) or users can install it manually. HP has their own update which is related to PP1 and will contain the needed x64 OEM bits but as I stated, it will not include PP1.

     

    Thank you

    Lara Jones

    Windows Home Server

    28. července 2008 20:42
  • I have downloaded the PP1 and installation went very smooth. It has clear up all of the problems

    I was having with backups and connections issues. Thanks team!  Job well done.

     

    2. srpna 2008 11:29
  • PP1 will come down via Automatic Updates (MS)

    Can-you tel us the approximate date for multilanguage versions (French for me) of PP1 ?

    Many Thanks Smile
    6. srpna 2008 6:20
  • I believe the localized versions of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 will be available about the same time it's put up on Microsoft Update.
    7. srpna 2008 1:44
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    I believe the localized versions of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 will be available about the same time it's put up on Microsoft Update.

    Thanks Smile

    Received today this mail :

    From: msftconn@microsoft.com
    To:
    Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:29 PM
    Subject: Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 status update

    Dear Jean-Max,

    As you know, the English version of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 was Released to Manufacturing (RTM) on Monday, July 21st, 2008.
    Today, the Home Server team is pleased to announce the public availability of German, French and Spanish localized versions of Power Pack 1.  These versions are available on the download center and can be downloaded from the following links:

    German: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2c0cb7ec-0dc1-4e93-9555-2be64bf14514&DisplayLang=de

    French: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0232997b-d259-498f-aeb2-64496874d27e&DisplayLang=fr

    Spanish: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f6600972-971a-4875-9934-01a56e932233&DisplayLang=es

    7. srpna 2008 13:30