none
Windows Domain Policies

Dotaz

•  

Can we setup two different password polices on one domain ( Win 2003) ?

Will separate OUs allow one to specify many different types of password polices?

Pls. suggest if 2003 has any upgrades in this regard or or there are third party tools to allow for separate passwor polices in one Domain ?

Pls. advice

Thanks

21. října 2008 16:26

Odpovědi

• Dear Customer,

In Windows 2003 AD domain, we could apply only one password policy, which is specified in the domain's Default Domain Policy, to all users in the domain. The Password policy will apply to all user accounts with no exception.

For more information about Password and Account lockout policy, please refer to the following article:

Account Passwords and Policies
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/bpactlck.mspx

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

22. října 2008 4:07

Všechny reakce

• Sorry, in Windows Server 2003 or R2, you can only have one password policy per domain.  If you would like ot have multiple password policy in a domain, you have to use Windows Server 2008.

21. října 2008 19:43
  • Dear Customer,

In Windows 2003 AD domain, we could apply only one password policy, which is specified in the domain's Default Domain Policy, to all users in the domain. The Password policy will apply to all user accounts with no exception.

For more information about Password and Account lockout policy, please refer to the following article:

Account Passwords and Policies
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/bpactlck.mspx

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

22. října 2008 4:07