none
WHS 2011, would it be an option?

Dotaz

• Hi,

I can connect to WinXP Pro via remote desktop but then the active desktop on that machine closes. Has WHS2011 the same behaviour?

What I would like to do is running jukebox software on the server and meanwhile connect via RDP and manage my music collection remotely using mp3gain and tagging software, installed on the server. The jukebox should keep running and stay visible during that work.

Can I do this?

Is it allowed (I read somewhere that you are only allowed to connect via RDP to do maintenance)?

Thanks

16. února 2012 20:03

Odpovědi

• Terminal Services on Windows Home Server is configured for "Remote Desktop for Administration" mode, which allows two RDP connections plus a console connection (usually the physical server desktop, though there are ways to connect to the console session remotely). XP behaves the way it does because it's a desktop operating system and Microsoft has chosen to allow only a single "connection" to the machine at a time. That connection can be via remote desktop, or it can be via local monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Note that running anything on your server outside of add-ins designed for Windows Home Server is not supported by Microsoft. Depending on the software you may struggle to get everything working to your liking; you may even fail to get it to work at all.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

16. února 2012 20:52
    Moderátor

Všechny reakce

• Terminal Services on Windows Home Server is configured for "Remote Desktop for Administration" mode, which allows two RDP connections plus a console connection (usually the physical server desktop, though there are ways to connect to the console session remotely). XP behaves the way it does because it's a desktop operating system and Microsoft has chosen to allow only a single "connection" to the machine at a time. That connection can be via remote desktop, or it can be via local monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Note that running anything on your server outside of add-ins designed for Windows Home Server is not supported by Microsoft. Depending on the software you may struggle to get everything working to your liking; you may even fail to get it to work at all.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

16. února 2012 20:52
    Moderátor
  • Thanks Ken.

After reading that sometimes photo's dissapear I was convinced... stay away from it and stick with Server 2003...

• Označen jako odpověď Nitram96 18. února 2012 17:34
    • Zrušeno označení jako odpověď Nitram96 18. února 2012 17:34
    18. února 2012 17:34