H.323 Codecs and MOC clients

Dotaz

• I am a video conference engineer.  I have been tasked with coming up with a solution to tie in the OCS 2007 to our Polycom VSX 8000's.

So far, Polycom only SIP registers with LCS 2005.  We no longer use LCS 2005.  I looked at a product called a Tandberg Video Communication Server which ties the Polycom H.323 codecs to the OCS 2007 world.  And that is fantastic with one exception.  I can make point to point calls from a MOC client to an H.323 codec.  However, if I drag another MOC into the conference, everyone drops and a restart of the MOC is usually in order.

I'm not able to do a multipoint conference with my Polycoms, Tandberg VCS and OCS 2007.  We're still not very unified.

Reading the annexes of the Tandberg VCS admin deployment guide, I found that Microsoft uses xml for messaging and basically renegotiates the call when a new party is added to the MOC conference.  This is a limitation of Microsoft's proprietary software and not a hit on Tandberg or Polycom.

Does anyone have a better solution for what I am trying to accomplish?  I want to see presence of MOC clients, as well as Presence of H.323 endpoints.  I want to be able to do a multi-point conference with H.323 codecs and MOC clients by dragging them from the Buddy list of the MOC client.

I think Tandberg is the only H.323 device company out there that can do this since their codecs can directly register with OCS 2007.  I'm invested heavily in Polycom and do not have the budget to go to a Tandberg shop at this time.  Right now, I am hating Polycom for their lack of interoperability with OCS 2007 and developing backwards compatibilty stuff for their older codecs. 

29. ledna 2009 16:52

Všechny reakce

• Direct integration of Polycom VSX with OCS2007 isn't supported. You should either use Polycom HDX cams to integrate directly, or connect VSX to OCS thru RMX 2000.
    22. října 2009 8:55