10. května 2010 20:44
1. I downloaded FixitCenter_Run.exe, ran it and received the error:"Fix it Center Setup encountered an error. An unexpected error has ocurred. Please close and try to run Setup again later."
2. I renamed the registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf". Rebooted and ran FixitCenter_Run.exe again and received the error: "An unexpected error has occured. Setup can not continue. Please close and try again. Error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions".
I tried Microsoft's Autoplay Repair Wizard, N/G.
The event viewer does not show Windows Logs.
I installed Fixit on another computer and it worked. Before the install was complete I found a file called 188141.msi, that is an installer package for Fixit. It started to download Powershell 1.0 and quit. Next I downloaded Powershell 1.0 and installed it. Then I ran 188141.msi again, and received the following error msg: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2356(This path component is invalid). So much for this idea.(added 5-11-2010)
I extracted the files from FixitCenter_Run.exe. The Autorun.inf shows 3 needed downloads(xp-x86 for me). 1. msxml6_x86.msi(received message - higher version already exists). 2. windowsxp-kb926139-v2-x86-enu.exe(PowerShell 1.0, it installed ok) 3. fixitcenter_setup_x86.msi(installed OK). I now have Microsoft Fix It Center installed, but with error message- unable to download troubleshooters, check your internet connection. My connection is OK? (added 5-12-2010)
Download msxml6_x86.msi at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=186221
Download windowsxp-kb926139-v2-x86-enu.exe(PowerShell 1.0) at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=164073
Download fixitcenter_setup_x86.msi at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=1186221
This info was found at http://win-lite.de/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4118&l=3 other windows versions can be found at this URL.
Operating system: XP Home, Anti-virus program: Windows Live OneCare, Anti-malware program: Spybot S&D
13. května 2010 3:14Moderátor
Thank you for your interested in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).
The problem is being researched. We'll update this thread when we have more information.
Sr. Software Development Engineer
Product Quality and Online
This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
9. června 2010 6:09And the answer is....?
12. června 2010 12:28
Still no answer?. The problem appears to be with the MATS. A lot of people appear to be having this trouble.
Vista, all updates, AVG intrenet security 8.5.437 full installation, 2 gb ram,350 gb free hd.
18. července 2010 17:50
same problem here!
Problem with the problem fixer- thats simply embarrasing for microsoft!
9. srpna 2010 23:48WTF!!!! THIS IS REDICULOUS! THE "FIX IT CENTRE" SEEMS TO BE SO BROKEN , I HAVE TRIED SOOO MANY WAYS TO GET IT AAARRG
12. srpna 2011 1:38
In general I am lost on MicroSoft rather than Unix which if anyone thinks UNIX is hard stuff (it is!) it is easier than MS stuff by far. I just can't follow it, the registry, the fix(nothing).exe and all the what'ch-a-ma-call-it's software, fixes, patches, bugs etc. I am sorry I can't help and not suggesting UNIX, or the APPLE version of it but I certainly wish you luck,, you will need it!!! A lot of it! (and watch MS delete my message, I will be verh/VERY surprised if they don't - Thanks MR' BILL...)
- Navržen jako odpověď eddyskettie 10 16. října 2012 18:49
12. srpna 2011 1:39
PS Pleae note how they didn't update the "thread"...
12. srpna 2011 1:40Ah! they did automagically delete/filter out my reply, thanks MR. BILL...
19. listopadu 2011 20:31November 19th, 2011 and still not updated
- Navržen jako odpověď wiz19 29. března 2012 23:51
29. března 2012 23:52
March 29th 2012...........................AND STILL.................NO ANSWER ! ! ! !
What's up MS ???????
4. dubna 2012 17:37argh :/
Same problem here... microsoft Os its a nice maze/puzzl
Looking forward to further development of this program,.. eventhough its a decenia or more overdue :S
- Upravený HJB2012 4. dubna 2012 17:40
23. května 2012 20:39If our computer does not have errors why we would buy another one? This would slow down the industry around informatic...
25. června 2012 6:37Hmmmmm, so this thread's been going on for over 2 years and still no solution from Microsoft? Shame on them! I think its about time they roll out a "Fixit" app for their Fixit Center . . . . I'm jus' sayin' . . . . . O_O
4. října 2012 3:17I have the same problem on my windows xp3 professional. Darn are you right. when ya gonna fix it microsoft?
7. prosince 2012 23:10
Just thought I would share a fix for this problem (in my case anyway):
- Make sure "Windows Installer" (Also seen it reported as "Windows Modules Installer") service is set to automatic (I've seen it randomly set to manual) and STOP the service.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\
- Rename "Repository" folder to "Repository.old"
- Reboot PC.
- Verify that windows has rebuilt the Repository folder.
- Upravený SethTheGreat 7. prosince 2012 23:14
12. prosince 2012 13:38
I found a fix that worked for me.
Associated with the fixit error I also received a MATSVC error 2 (You can review these systems error logs by going to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Component Services>Event viewer and selecting a log, in this case the Applications log.)
To fix the problem, go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services and right click on the Microsoft Automated Troubleshooter Service and select Properties. On the general tab, select startup type: automatic. On the logon tab, select "this account" radio button and enter NT Authority\system, followed by your system passwords. In the hardware profile I had undocked profile enabled.
This got MS fixit working.
- Upravený waterboy9 12. prosince 2012 13:57
7. ledna 2013 21:33
Hmmmmm, so this thread's been going on for over 2 years and still no solution from Microsoft? Shame on them! I think its about time they roll out a "Fixit" app for their Fixit Center . . . . I'm jus' sayin' . . . . . O_O
How can they answer if one can't even send in the report? I agree, need a Fixit for the Fixit!!
2. března 2013 4:48i have same problem like urs for the last yr nothing is fixing it
17. března 2013 4:36
ditto for enabling hibernate
go back and answer blue launch "Did this fix the problem?"
ps the above launch i tried, did not work but Give Feedback did.
- Upravený azzlo 17. března 2013 4:53
17. března 2013 5:04
ditto for enabling hibernate after disk clean up tool...
go back to feedback, 2 questions and explain if ("Did) this fixed the problem?"
22. března 2013 2:05
Same here, on two different physical machines both running Windows 8 Professional :-?
One PC prompted for .Net 3.5 (since,unlike the other, it wasn't installed), and then the error occurred also.
- Upravený spurr1 22. března 2013 2:11