12. dubna 2008 23:55
I have an error msg that keeps appearing on my screen saying that I have been infected with Worn Win32 NetBooster. I have lost my task manager and on my desktop wallpaper is displaying a GIF and says YOUR PRIVACY IS IN DANGER DOWNLOAD PRIVACY PROTECTION SOFTWARE NOW. If I click anywhere on my desktop it takes me a webpage to download there software. How can I get rid of this. HELP!!!!!
13. dubna 2008 0:28ModerátorIf you are using Windows Live One Care please contact support for help with removal. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2
If you are not using One Care you are off topic for this forum but this might help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic140864.html
29. května 2008 14:04I have tried to follow the directions listed in the http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2
I don't get to the first Window.
I am using Windows Live One Care and I am not able to remove this virus/worm. I am having trouble reaching support. Can you provide a more direct answer?
29. května 2008 16:52Moderátor
From the FAQ for how to reach support, start at this link:
- To open an email support case without validation:
- Open OneCare
- Click on Help
- Click "Windows Live OneCare Help"
- In the window that opens, click "Show me more topics"
Now, continue from here:
In the browser window that opens, click "Get More Help" in the lower right hand corner
- Click "Get Support"
- Select "Billing Support" or "Technical Support"
- Select "No. This is a new issue"
- Select "on a different computer"
- Click Continue
- Select "I have a trial/beta version of OneCare"
- Click Continue
- Sign in with your LiveID
- Fill in the form with as much detail as possible and click continue
- Make a note of the Case ID
- You will typically receive a response within 24 hours, but it may be longer on weekend and holidays or periods of high volume.
- Be sure to check your Junk Mail folders for the support response when checking your email and insure that you are not automatically deleting mail from unknown senders.
Alternatively, you can call the PC Safety number if you are in North America:
866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.
8. června 2008 2:08
I have exact same message. It ate up my desktop, C drive, control panel, I am getting pop up after pop up. Could not get out, so ended up buying software -- Windows PRO 2008 Anti-Virus. I must have hundreds of unasked for scans and downloads -- my entire desktop is filled with all this anti-virus software. And I can't get rid of it. Spent $150 already and am desperate! I can't get online and I can't get out right now. This is Day 13 now wasting all my spare time trying to fix, but it is getting worse. I am in tears and shaking like a leaf, ready to tear my hair out -- PLEASE, PLEEEEEEAASE HELP. I just cannot afford to buy any more software not even knowing if it will work. Any advice????? Thank you.
8. června 2008 22:27ModerátorI'm sorry to hear you were tricked into buying Win Antivirus Pro 2008. It IS malware, not a malware remover. The most practical solution might be to format your hard drive and reinstall Windows