18. února 2010 15:30I'm trying to turn off the backup feature in OneCare in Vista, but the "change settings" button won't do anything. Any other way to do this? thanks
18. února 2010 17:37ModerátorAre you logged in as an administrator to Windows?
You can only access the OneCare settings if you have admin rights.
If you have admin rights, but the Change settings does not work, try the database reset tool -
Of course, contacting support is also an option for you.
How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
- Označen jako odpověď JimR1Moderator 19. února 2010 21:23
29. března 2010 16:02
you can also try to run onecare as admin by doing the ffg:
1) click start button
2) find onecare on all programs
3) right click onecare
4) select "run as administrator"
5) try to turn off the backup feature of onecare
1) check if the computer that you are trying to turn off the backup on onecare if that's the HUB PC
2) if that computer is not the HUB PC
3) go to the HUB PC change the settings click the "backup tab" then check the name of the pc that you want to turn off onecare backup feature on onecare backup plan
4) uncheck the box "turn on backup on this PC, then click next , save the settings.