22. července 2008 17:45
I used the key "HKCU/Control Panel/Desktop" and changed "PaintDesktopVersion from zero to one. Then I logged off and restarted the system.
I now have:
"Windows Home Server
Build 3790 (Service Pack 2)"
on my desktop in the lower right corner of my screen.
However, it would be better if this was indicated on the "Windows Home Server Console". Also, it would be nice for the PP1 to be indicated also?
Is there anyway to do this?
22. července 2008 19:13ModerátorThe best place to make this suggestion is Connect. Microsoft uses it to locate and prioritize product issues and suggestions submitted by users.
22. července 2008 19:38
Thanks - good point.
22. července 2008 21:21ModerátorNote that "Build 3790" is for Windows Server 2003, the OS underlying Windows Home Server. That's not going to appear in the consle because it's not important. But seeing a visual indication that Power Pack 1 is installed would be nice.
23. července 2008 3:41My Computer > Properties shows WHS SP2 as well and when it boots it still shows Server 2003. Off to Connect I go.
23. července 2008 11:50ModerátorJerry, don't bother. Since you're not supposed to have a monitor connected, and since in normal operation you're not supposed to access the server through anything other than the console, it will likely be closed as "by Design".
23. července 2008 14:29That may be but I'll feel better if I report it. Here
25. července 2008 18:54I guess I'm missing the point of this post. After installing PP1, log into your WHS Console, then go to the Settings tab, then to Resources. Mine shows up in the Version Information window as 6.01800.0 as well as actually saying 'Windows Home Server with Power Pack 1". So, how is this not enough to satisfy your request? What more do you want?
26. července 2008 22:58He wanted the feature on the Desktop, so that you didn't have to go through the entire Console.
As most people shouldn't be going through the WHS machine's desktop, it isn't a serious issue. But for those who keep it up as a local machine, it is handy to have. It's unsupported and I doubt the WHS team will spend time to do it, but hey... it is a Suggestions forum