21. června 2007 13:23Is there a way to controle the Diskprotection (on/off) trough a commandline or script?.
22. června 2007 8:29
The WMI interface allows you to retrieve and change the current mode (remove all changes, retain changes until date/time, retain all changes), but does not allow enabling/disabling (which entails installing or removing the driver etc.).
26. června 2007 9:08
We are installing steadystate remotely on the workstations. We are searching for a way to activate Diskprotection remotely after the initial install.
(With the Shared computer toolkit this was posible bij launcing a scripted that was included)...
29. června 2007 7:17Správce
We will forward your request to our product team. Thank you for your feedback.
Microsoft Online Support
10. července 2007 18:07
Reading the posts in this forum and searching the internet for an answer tells me i am not the only one asking this question.
Can you tell me if MS is going to apply changes to steadystate to enable a script to enable the disk protection?.
My project (rolling out 1400 workstations) wil have the old shared toolkit for now because is scripable.
11. července 2007 5:15Správce
I have forwarded this feature request to our development team. Unfortunately, as it needs to install a kernel driver to enable WDP, this request was postphoned. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
As you know, we design and develop our products based on customer's requirement. Your feedback will be considered seriously. If we identify that this a pain point for most customers, our developers and program managers will re-consider the requirement and implementation cost to meet customer's requirement. Thank you for your patience.
Laura Zhang - MSFT
16. července 2007 22:31I have 4000 PCs in my school district that I would like to have the command line ability to turn on and off the Diskprotection via utilities such as Ghost Console. I currently use Deep Freeze from Faronics but would prefer to use Steady state due to its other options that are available.
17. července 2007 3:12
We also have 400 PCs with the SCTK-WDP scripted to turn on an off using Ghost tasks. Can't even look at Steady State till this feature is included. Would be great if this was made a priority!
17. července 2007 10:04Správce
We will record and forward the usage scenarios and product requirements to our product team. They will definitely consider it seriously. Thank you for your great feedback.
Microsoft Online Community
17. července 2007 14:01
Well, while you're at it, include my 700 workstations that I will have to go back to SCT or something like Deep Freeze or Clean Slate now because of this.
SteadyState is pointless without the command line tools.
18. července 2007 15:13The new GUI looks nice, however I must be able to script it. Like they said above I have a script that applies updates (software and otherwise), then the script tells the SCT to save changes upon next restart, then it restarts. No way I'll do that manually on each machine when it does it automatically as a scheduled task now or with psexec. I currently manually edit the restriction file to add a couple additional restrictions and apply the restrictions via psexec or scheduled task:
<restriction id="logoff" name="disable start menu logoff" type="optionalrestrictions" _locID="disablelogoff">
<poke resid="dislogoff" regkey="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogoff" type="REG_DWORD" on="1" off="0" delete="off">1</poke>
<restriction id="logoff" name="ctrlaltdelete logoff" type="optionalrestrictions" _locID="disablelogoffctrl">
<poke resid="dislogoffctrl" regkey="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoLogOff" type="REG_DWORD" on="1" off="0" delete="off">1</poke>
Being able to script it is a must for any program like this....