What kind of storage is needed for a OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition Consolidated topology with no archiving.

Spørgsmål

• Hi all,

I want to know what kind of storage I would need for a OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition Consolidated topology with no archiving.

I have searched a lot but have no luck to locate a comfirmed answer, the TechNet library article of Capacity Planning in the following web page also does not give the enough information:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425159(office.13).aspx

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Best regards!
    Leng
    11. august 2009 07:58

Svar

• Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but you'll need a SQL server back-end which cannot be collocated on your OCS machine.  If you're asking about database size - it's small and depends on your user count.  There isn't a general planning guideline I can reference because it really depends on the number of contacts each user has, but I would estimate maybe 2-3 MB of database storage space per user and about the same for your logs. Be sure to give yourself some cushion and plan for growth.
    13. august 2009 17:47
  • hi
    Agree with Tom.
    Or you can tell us more detail information of your deployment, for example: how many users does your deployment for, what function do you want to achieve, and so on.
    And then we can give you more suggestions for your planning.
    The documentation just give you a mormal parameter when you plan the storage capacity. But i think you can consult them, and caculate the frondose request for your environment.

Hope this Helpful!
    Regards! 
    18. august 2009 08:41

Alle besvarelser

• Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but you'll need a SQL server back-end which cannot be collocated on your OCS machine.  If you're asking about database size - it's small and depends on your user count.  There isn't a general planning guideline I can reference because it really depends on the number of contacts each user has, but I would estimate maybe 2-3 MB of database storage space per user and about the same for your logs. Be sure to give yourself some cushion and plan for growth.
    13. august 2009 17:47
  • hi
    Agree with Tom.
    Or you can tell us more detail information of your deployment, for example: how many users does your deployment for, what function do you want to achieve, and so on.
    And then we can give you more suggestions for your planning.
    The documentation just give you a mormal parameter when you plan the storage capacity. But i think you can consult them, and caculate the frondose request for your environment.

Hope this Helpful!
    Regards! 
    18. august 2009 08:41