Batching support for Upload in Offline scenerio for Oracle database

Spørgsmål

• Hi i am developing the ocassionaly connected application with data sync capabality with the centeral oracle server.

Hi i  am developing the occasionally connected application with data sync capability with the central oracle server. I am using the SQLCE as client side datastore & oracle as server side datastore with N-tier architecture with WCF service .

Question 1 :Can i use the SQL express as the local side data store & is there any automatic schema creation support provided in the MSF2.0?

Question 2 : With the RelationalSyncProvider  in collaboration mode , client can upload the data to server ( SQL<-->SQL )  , I wish to know  can I upload data from the client  with Oracle database as backend  in the Offline mode ? I guess not , I still need to use the generic DbServersyncProvider & i cannot take the advantage of memory based batching features for the upload from the client , please confirm.

Question 3 : How can i take take the advantage of the memory based batching support with SQLCe ( Client side)  oracle backend  ( Server Side) with  N-Tier Architecture ?Is there any way to do that ?

Thanks & regards
    MOhan

10. november 2009 17:56

Svar

• Sorry for the late reply.

If you use DbSyncProvider on the Oracle side and SqlSyncProvider on the SQL Express side, I think you can achieve all the 3 things you are thinking of.
    Of course if you are going to have a SQLCE client, then you need to use the SqlCeSyncProvider for that client.
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Markeret som svar af Mohan Wakle 30. december 2009 13:51
    24. december 2009 04:04