none
Microsoft Academic Search and OpenURL compliance

Spørgsmål

• Currently Google Scholar has a feature called "Library Links" where librarians can embed links to their library's OpenURL link resolver in Google Scholar results for their users.

Are their plans to add such a feature to Microsoft Academic Search?

Thanks

1. september 2011 15:36

Svar

• hi Ray,

thank you for your feedback,  this item is on our "to do" list,   and we understand its importance to many users.   with a small team and limited resource, we do have to balance various request and the cost of dev/maintaining such features.

-xin

academic search team.

• Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:25
    • Afmarkeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Afmarkeret som svar af shbuddy 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:31
    23. oktober 2011 05:26

Alle besvarelser

• we've thought about that and such feature might appear in future releases,  right now it's too early to tell.  thanks.

-xin

Academic Search Team.

5. september 2011 05:54
  • Please think very, very  hard about it.  It is something I use all the time from Google Scholar.  The lack of an open URL is the one thing I don't like about Academic Search.  The visualisation tools are fantastic.  Keep adding content and you will have created a really useful tool.

Ray

20. oktober 2011 07:14
  • hi Ray,

thank you for your feedback,  this item is on our "to do" list,   and we understand its importance to many users.   with a small team and limited resource, we do have to balance various request and the cost of dev/maintaining such features.

-xin

academic search team.

• Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:25
    • Afmarkeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Afmarkeret som svar af shbuddy 21. december 2011 08:26
    • Markeret som svar af jingfz 21. december 2011 08:31
    23. oktober 2011 05:26
  • I would like to second Ray's requests.  Supporting OpenURL would make it easier for university librarians to promote MAS as a tool.  It would add a great deal of extra value to the nice services you are offering.  

If you are looking for a light-weight way to support this, OCLC, a library consortium has a tool known as an OpenURL Gateway that will route users to their local link resolver.  You could simply offer links to that.  Mendeley  also allows authenticated users to specify a link resolver on their own.  

Ted

6. marts 2012 13:38
  • Hi Ted and Ray,

This feature is indeed a high priority.  We are working with OCLC and others in the space to develop it.  Although I cannot provide an exact date, we will have something to announce in the not-too-distant future.  Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Greg

8. marts 2012 17:44