none
Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers for windows server 2003

Spørgsmål

• I have recently purchased a nvidia 610i/Geforce 7050 motherboard and it works well on my windows xp service pack 3 os but it does not get installed at all on my windows server 2003... the motherboard drivers cd also had a patch called KB.... but even after installing this patch ot doesnt work.... I also tried to find it on nvidia website but it is not even available there and now in my device manager(win2k3 server) it shows Realtek High Definition Audio with an exclamation mark and not even gets removed now and says "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer"
    24. november 2008 08:05

Svar

• Hi,
    multimedia support in Windows Server 2003 never had a top priority for Microsoft. So you will hit some limitations here.
    Has the Windows Audio service been started (Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services)?
    In dxdiag check also the bar on the audio tab.

Besides that, since WHS should not be used as desktop, implementing Audio should be not that important.
    So you also could disable the audio component in the Bios.

For uninstalling try to use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, if you installed the Realtek Audio suite, remove that from here.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    24. november 2008 08:35
    Redaktør