13. februar 2009 10:47
I want to import data from an ERP-System. I can export the data from the
ERP-System in XML,TXT or CVS Files.
How can I make a continal import to the CRM 4.0 System.
Are there any example available ?
What is the right solution. Plugin, Windows Service with CRM-Sdk, SQL Server SSIS.
Thanks for any information
13. februar 2009 17:37You can use SSIS, custom app with CRM SDK, but not plugin.
13. februar 2009 20:21Hi Stony,
No right answer, but I typically go with a windows service. No doubt you'll have some inserts that fail for whatever reason and easiest way to debug and re-submit is using .NET code.
You'll want an interface and notification system to handle any failed submits.
Karlo Swart - http://www.ver206.com
14. februar 2009 12:53If you are in a real hurry you can cut development time by utilizing the windows tasks scheduler. The scheduler allows you to run a task (exe) every few minutes. I suggest creating a console application and focus your development effort on the import and logging process.
- Markeret som svar af DavidJennawayMVP, Moderator 22. maj 2009 16:56
15. februar 2009 17:57Windows service sounds good, or if buying a product is an option check out Import Manager 2008 which is a finished product for syncing data to CRM.