Vista Antivirus 2010 attack

Spørgsmål

• I have OneCare. My computers have been hit twice this year by a spy ware called Vista Antivirus 2010. It takes over IE. It cost me $200 so far because OneCare does not protect against it. The People at Best Buy say OneCare is useless against this thing and is a waste. Now I have a computer that got hit again. Now either give me an answer or get ready for OneCare to be exposed as the waste that I find it is.
    1. marts 2010 23:51

Svar

Alle besvarelser

• You can contact support for help with malware One Care is unable to detect or remove. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    2. marts 2010 13:36
  • I'm not aware of any security software that protects 100% against the rogue "antimalware" pop-ups that are constantly morphing. As soon as the vendors code to protect against this malware, the writers modify the code to successfully bypass the security and trick *you* into allowing the PC to be infected.
    Your best bet when one of the popups appear is to ctrl-alt-del, start task manager, and kill all iexplore.exe instances. Then reboot the machine, and go to Control Panel/Internet Options and delete your temporary Internet files. Clicking on the popup in any way will allow the PC to be infected.
    As a OneCare subscriber you have access to *free* support. Although I shop at Best Buy, I find their advice to be rather useless. Jim already provided you the path to support.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    2. marts 2010 13:42