21. november 2008 07:12Hi all,
I downloaded the update which provides fixes for Job XML import and export issues in Job Submission Filter from here.
But I failed when I was trying to install it on the head-node of my Windows HPCS cluster.
The error message is:
"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."
My Windows 2008 is x64 based, and I am sure I downloaded the right one. Then how could that error happened?
24. november 2008 01:43RedaktørThe link that you gave doesn't seem to work, are you talking about this fix: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50D5EEF6-9716-46EE-88B5-AA55257047EF&displaylang=en
The patch needs to be installed on the HN of your cluster after you've installed the HPC Pack.
If that's what you are doing, please let us know as in that case there may be a problem with the detection logic in the patch.
- Markeret som svar af Josh BarnardModerator 24. november 2008 01:44
24. november 2008 18:55RedaktørAlso, please confirm that you are running build 2.0.1551 and not a Beta or RC build (as was the case with this guy http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowshpcsched/thread/805793d6-4687-4f0b-b43b-e250e32faf3f/)
- Markeret som svar af Josh BarnardModerator 24. november 2008 18:56