acidently confused onecare, how to fix it?

Frage

• Hi,

When I originally installed onecare on my laptop, i chose it as the hub, and my printer was on my laptop, then added a pc to the circle, so a virtual printshare was set up by onecare from my laptop. since then I  moved the printer to the desktop pc and re-chose it as the hub, it worked fine but now my printer is messed up. When i try to print something, onecare chooses the virtualshare from the laptop, which is no longer active, instead of printing from the directly connected printer from the pc desktop. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the onecares?
    Diana Microsoft Partner  http://djarts-express.spaces.live.com
    Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009 19:51

Antworten

• HI!

Open Windows Live onecare, go to change settings, click on printer sharing tab, click on the clear button to clear the list of printers on the computer you're working on, then click on refresh.  it should list the printer on the onecare circle.  If the printer is physically connected to the desktop, i suggest that you uninstall or delete the printer on list of printers on your laptop to refresh everything.  Once deleted, try to detect for the printers again on the computers on the onecare circle.  Make sure that it will only detect the one that is physically connected to the desktop.  Once detected, re-install the driver on each computer aside from the desktop.   But if you needs more assistance, contact support 

Contact support :

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

----- bayabasgirl29
    Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009 22:49

Alle Antworten

• HI!

Open Windows Live onecare, go to change settings, click on printer sharing tab, click on the clear button to clear the list of printers on the computer you're working on, then click on refresh.  it should list the printer on the onecare circle.  If the printer is physically connected to the desktop, i suggest that you uninstall or delete the printer on list of printers on your laptop to refresh everything.  Once deleted, try to detect for the printers again on the computers on the onecare circle.  Make sure that it will only detect the one that is physically connected to the desktop.  Once detected, re-install the driver on each computer aside from the desktop.   But if you needs more assistance, contact support 

Contact support :

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

----- bayabasgirl29
    Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009 22:49
  • Hi,

Your solution worked fine up to, clear and refresh, it did'nt list the dc printer, only the virtual. I deleted the virtual printer from print folder, then set dc printer as default. Then unconected the lap top from circle.restarted the pc, re-added the laptop, and am not setting up printshareing from desktop pc
    Diana Microsoft Partner
    Freitag, 17. Juli 2009 00:38