live onecare printer sharing

Frage

• I have one wireless printer and two printers connected to a pc and all are being shared by all computers in my live onecare circle.  Almost every day at least one of the computers will display the message "Live OneCare has detected a xxxx printer on yyyy PC".  it is always the computer that actually has the printers connected.  What is causing this problem?
    Thank you
    Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009 13:05

Antworten

• Open OneCare on the PC that is hosting the printers. Click change settings. Click the Printer Sharing tab. Uncheck the option to "Automaticall share all printers connected to this PC..."
    You are apparently not using the OneCare printer sharing feature, but sharing the printers using Windows File and printer sharing. OneCare is offering to share the printers to the other PCs in your Circle, paying no mind to the fact that you already set that up outside of OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009 15:03

Alle Antworten

• Open OneCare on the PC that is hosting the printers. Click change settings. Click the Printer Sharing tab. Uncheck the option to "Automaticall share all printers connected to this PC..."
    You are apparently not using the OneCare printer sharing feature, but sharing the printers using Windows File and printer sharing. OneCare is offering to share the printers to the other PCs in your Circle, paying no mind to the fact that you already set that up outside of OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009 15:03
  • Thank you Stephen.  You got me steered in the right direction, but I chose to shut off the sharing through Windows and leave the OneCare active.  OneCare sharing seems to have worked well with my network in the past, but after I recently connected my laser printer to one of the PC's in my circle I began having this problem.  Previously I was using a wireless print server with the laser printer but when I changed my broadband service to Uverse, the wireless router that came with this service didn't work well with my wireless print server, which led me to moving the printer to a PC.

Btw, I wouldn't have been so long responding to your help but I'm new to this forum and I didn't receive an alert so I was just waiting for a response.  I was embarrassed when I discovered you have responded very promptly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Roger
    Dienstag, 21. Juli 2009 17:07
  • No need to apologize and sorry that the alerting didn't work. It is hit or miss. I don't notice when the alerting isn't working since I turn off all alerts for my posts. :-)
    Glad to read that your resolved the problem!
    -steve
    Dienstag, 21. Juli 2009 17:27