Spyware -virus threat : "Trojan downloader:JS/Renos.cw" and "worm.win32.netsky"

Frage

• Hi,

I have MSN one care and windows xp on my laptop.since yesterday, like some one who already have reported in this forum,since yesterday,Ihave started getting a pop-up that says "Your computer is infected!  Windows has detected spyware infection!  Use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss... Windows will now download and install most up to date antispyware for you.  Click here to protect your computer." 

MSN one care has detected and removed "Trojan downloader:JS/Renos.cw" number of times but appearing again and again.

Another one -"worm.win32.netsky" is not detected by "MSN live one care" and too sitting on my computer.

Request one of the experts there to examine the threat and advise me on the immediate measures to take to save my pc.

Thanks.

Freitag, 21. März 2008 05:20

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Please contact support for help with malware removal. How to contact support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Freitag, 21. März 2008 15:23
  • Thank You Jim.

As advised, I have sent a service request to 'MSN live one care on line help'.

Freitag, 21. März 2008 16:52
  • Same problem and no luck getting rid of it with new One Care subscription.  How do I get more help?

Sonntag, 23. März 2008 19:52
  •  LazyGrayDog wrote:
    Same problem and no luck getting rid of it with new One Care subscription.  How do I get more help?

Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve
    Montag, 24. März 2008 01:32
  • Heres what you need to do if you cant get rid of it. Go into user accounts, Add an account called ADMIN. Admin short for Administrator. Now, make a password 10 or more characters. Dont use words, years, or numbers that run togather (1234). Make sure its a combination of letters and numbers. The admin account needs to an administrator account. Then, go back to the other accounts and make them all except the admin account, standard accounts. Onse you are done, dont use the admin account for anything but adding or removing programs, or changing settings. The admin account that you are adding will completely stop the viruses and any spyware. Its one of the best firewalls because you need the administrator password to be able to do anything with the copmputer.

Montag, 26. Oktober 2009 05:54
  • Can't you just password protect your present Administration account?
    Donnerstag, 31. März 2011 04:46
  • Can't you just password protect your present Administration account?

This thread is over 2 years old.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Donnerstag, 31. März 2011 12:58