How to share a printer connected to a Vista 64 computer with XP Pro computer

Frage

• I have a HP printer USB connected to a Vista 64 computer.  I want to be able to share this printer with a XP Pro computer.  I believe I have the networking setup up correctly (I can share files between the two servers).   I seem to have a problem with the correct print drivers (32 - 64 bit?) .  I can local attach the printer to the XP computer and print fine.  But when I try to print from the XP computer to the printer attached on the Vista computer, I get driver errors (i.e. can't find appropriate driver). Any suggestions?
    Freitag, 2. Oktober 2009 01:56

Antworten

• If you are using OneCare, this is not possible with the OneCare printer sharing feature. If you are not using OneCare, you are off topic for this forum and should head over here for more help in the Vista forums - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Basically, if you need to share the printer, the drivers must be installed on the XP PC manually from disc or download from HP as the 64 bit PC cannot share the drivers with the 32 bit PC.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Freitag, 2. Oktober 2009 11:32