Bobby

Frage

• I can not install my HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless printer.  I can install it with the USB cable but I wanted to use it wireless and I understand Windows  Live One Care does not support the wireless aspects.  Does this mean that I will have to delete Windows Live One Care.

What can I do.

Bobby Moore
    Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 21:51

Antworten

• One Care cannot configure a wireless printer but you can configure the printer manually. Open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections. Highlight your wireless connection and select "Details". You can now view your network key. Write down the key and close One Care. Go to your wireless printer and set up your wireless connection per the HP instructions, entering your network key when prompted.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 22:18

Alle Antworten

• One Care cannot configure a wireless printer but you can configure the printer manually. Open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections. Highlight your wireless connection and select "Details". You can now view your network key. Write down the key and close One Care. Go to your wireless printer and set up your wireless connection per the HP instructions, entering your network key when prompted.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 22:18
  • The instructions for how to obtain the wireless network key above are only valid if OneCare configured wireless security and if performed from the PC that set wireless security.
    Your printer can be used as a network printer, but depending on the driver and software, some features may not be available without configuring the OneCare firewall.
    I suspect that you should follow the instructions from HP on how to add the printer to your network and how to conigure our computers to use the printer. Turn off the OneCare firewall if you encounter problems and confirm that it works with the OneCare firewall disabled. If so, that means that tweaking the firewall to allow communication with the printer is needed.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Freitag, 30. Oktober 2009 13:49