none
Integrate Customer Portal Accelerator 2011 with CRM 2011 on-premise

Question

• Hello Everyone,

Today, I am asked to work upon Customer Portal Accelerator 2011, which is quite new for me, in fact i never worked with any of CRM accelerator. My need is to integrate Customer Portal Accelerator 2011 on server1 with CRM 2011 on-premise on server2. How could I do this? Is there any link to refer? Any step by step guide would be really helpful.

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals
    http://www.inkeysolutions.com/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.html

Monday, 28 March 2011 8:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Any one could help me out on this.
    Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Monday, 28 March 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi Ankit,

You can download the accelerator from the marketplace here: http://dynamics.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/customer-portal-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884910826.

Once you unpack the cab, you can navigate to the "Documentation" folder and there's a document on how to install it on premise.

Thanks
    - Palak

Monday, 28 March 2011 11:35 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Palak, I did the same, and now following the setup documents. Anyways thanks for the response.
    Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Tuesday, 29 March 2011 4:50 AM
  • Hi Palak,

Documentation is not proper for Crm 2011 on premise of crm Accelerator.....there is some confusing steps which may be mixing up with Online...

Is there other documentation available for on premise ...

Thanks, 

Manoj

Manoj Chauhan
    Wednesday, 27 April 2011 5:35 AM
  • All documentation is packaged along with the solution. Is there a specific step you're running into issues with?

Thursday, 28 April 2011 9:44 PM
    Owner
  • Yes Im having trouble.  the documentation is very confusing

Do i still need a Azure account for the on-premisis deplayment.

Why is the CRM Online information included in the OnPremisis documentstion (there is a big section regarding WLID with 22 chr device ID) do i stil need this?

Also

Where to i select my web server to store the customer portal site.  Can i store it on an alternitive server or will it be deployed in the same CRM server?

I would like help on the prerequisits, deployment and configuration.  and by the way im not a monkey.  Ive been working with microsoft systems for may years and the deployment document is very confusing

Tuesday, 5 July 2011 3:16 PM
  • Please Explain about the onpremise CRM ?? do we need the Windows Azure Account to work in Customer Portal ??? in IIS its not working
    Wednesday, 25 January 2012 3:55 PM
  • Can MS please help out here, there are close to 3k views on this very topic, without any clear response, the documentation for the on premise isn't complete I have
    installed this accelerator previously before the LiveId but am having a hard time with this... thanks<o:p></o:p>

1) do we need LiveId?

2) do we need Azure?<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, 7 February 2012 9:00 PM
  • Azure and Live ID are not required set up the portal on premise. Here is an example of a portal that uses active directory authentication: http://www.shanmcarthur.net/crm/crm2011-articles/customer-portal-modifications

You can see the differences in the authentication code and web.config files.

Hope that helps.

- Palak

Thursday, 9 February 2012 10:43 PM
    Owner
  • The question is :

How to integrate Customer Portal Accelerator 2011 on server1 with CRM 2011 on-premise on server2. Is there any step by step guide ?

Shan's version is unsupported by Microsoft.

Tuesday, 19 June 2012 7:31 PM
  • Hi Palak,

My name is Nari, I am currently given the task of setting up the Customer Portal in Windows Azure and connect to our on-premise CRM2011 instance. We are looking to acheive both ADFS and LiveID authentication. This is for a large customer we are implementing CRM and NAV for.

The documentation in the cab file is very confusing, a lot of the links dont work and some of the steps I think are incomplete, for example when modifying the web.config file it is not enought just to modify the connection string or is it?

I have followed all the steps up to step 27 and I read in a blog that the steps 28,29 and 30 are no longer needed?

The problem I am facing is when I click on the URL (the customerportaldev.cloudapp.net one) it opens a Contoso home page (in the first instance I always get the Internet Explorer cannot display the page, I have to keep trying before I get the contoso home page) and then when I click on Sign in on the contoso home page it takes me to a page where I am presented with the option to choose Windows LiveID or ADFS, now both these options dont work.

If I chose Windows LiveID I am taken to the live id login page but when I fill in my live id and password I get this message in red "We're sorry, but something went wrong." and in black "We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

If I chose ADFS I am presented with the pop up to enter my credentials (from the URL I can tell this is our ADFS metadata URL), when I enter my credentials I get this error message "

There was a problem accessing the site. Try to
    browse to the site again.
    If the problem persists, contact the
    administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the
    problem.

Reference
    number:
    43e974ab-0c4a-46df-985c-e990b6420fe9 "

Please can you help me get this working?

I'd really appreciate your time, help and guidance.

Cheers

NARENDER RAJAN

Friday, 12 October 2012 3:48 PM
  • Dear Narender,

Did you resolve it?

If yes then could you please share the solution?

Thanks, Ankit Shah

Inkey Solutions, India.

Thursday, 21 March 2013 8:01 AM