X10 ActiveHome Pro Software on WHS

Question

• Installing the X10 ActiveHome Pro software on my EX470 WHS and plugging it in via USB to the ActiveHome Pro interface (CM15A) seems easy enough...  Can anyone shed any light on the best way to integrate the software into the WHS interface/console and how I can go about accessing the ActiveHome Pro Software from a remote computer on and off my home network?  Also maybe how I can integrate the software into some of the other add-ins for website creation (Whiist?)?

Looking for some detailed guidance if at all possible.  Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, 8 January, 2008 7:36 PM

All replies

• You may be able to use whiist to create a link to the ActiveHome Pro web site, if indeed it has a web site for off-premises automation control. If it doesn't have a web interface, you'll probably have to seek assistance from X10.

I'm thinking about taking a closer look at Embedded Automation's mControl, which can control X10, Insteon, and zWave and has a Windows Home Server console add-in available.
    Tuesday, 8 January, 2008 7:58 PM
  • I have AH Pro installed in the WHS D:\Programs folder.  Using an Add-in, "Program Launcher" posted by DannOh in the Developers' Forum, the AHP executable is added to the available programs in the WHS Console.  You can no remotely control all of your X10/Leviton power line controllers in your home by accessing the Console.

Tuesday, 8 January, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Any screen shots of this setup?
    Tuesday, 24 March, 2009 6:01 PM
  • Could you please post a question, rather than resurrecting a year-old thread? Thanks!
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, 24 March, 2009 6:02 PM