none
cleanup will not free up HD space

Question

• I deleted some drives on 1 computer, did a clean up, but will not free up space those files were on. I can click on that computer and the 3 drives were deleted but capacity is still showing what it did before I deleted those drives. I tried clean up now but it stops after about 10 minutes.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks, Marion

Here is a screen shot of the error.
    Tuesday, 20 March, 2012 1:11 AM

All replies

• For your error, try running chkdsk per this FAQ, then run a repair on the database. Note that, should there be disk errors affecting the database, there's a very high probability that you will lose some backups.

As far as reducing the size of the backup database, simply turning off backups for a particular drive on one client will have very little effect (as you've seen). Try deleting all backups for that client, followed by a backup database cleanup, then a manual backup of the client.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Tuesday, 20 March, 2012 3:24 AM
  • Thank you Ken. I'm in the process of doing what you suggested and will get back here when completed.

Thank you again, Marion

Tuesday, 20 March, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Well, not going well. In the process of rebooting but I may have to reinstall the software again. I had to do that about a year ago and it fixed the same problem.

Marion

Wednesday, 21 March, 2012 1:59 AM