I thought I was going to be talking to a human. I will find a program that has live chat with a human ir i do talk to someone live disregard thank you.

Question

• I have a Few Questions. I have a few months left on this subscription and don't know if I will continue to use purchase  this program any longer . My Problem is this my Pc runs slow. Virus Mal-ware Trojan  something. I was to made to  believe i would be notified by a pop up  when a virus or any thing that could harm my pc.  was found . I have had this running for almost a year. and never received a pop up of such,  being blocked. Happy I am not. So this entire time I have owned this program and all the system searches it has came up with nothing. I surf the net a very lot and put pc at risk trusting in this software. I am sure I have a virus I have done a 30 day trial of a different program I will not name. So can you prove to me this program is working am i doing something wrong. why should I keep renewing this software. I was told i would beable to speak live with suport. and just found i started a form. if this has happen to you please comment and recomend a software like this with live support.  I sure had it when I fist paid for it.
    Thursday, 6 May, 2010 11:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• You went to the forum and you posted to the Off Topic forum. I'm moving your post to the antivirus forum as I assume that you are referring to OneCare.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, 6 May, 2010 11:30 AM
  • Additionally, you cannot renew OneCare - 

See this post for End of Life information for Windows Live OneCare - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/81996436-edad-41ba-bdfc-02fc094e2ca9

And, if you have OneCare running on the PC *and* you installed a 30 day trial of other security software, you may well have reduced your protection and that is also the most likely cause of our performance issues.

You should never have more than one security product installed on the PC providing active protection/scanning. This can cause performance issues, system instability, and can hinder the effectiveness of both products at providing protection.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, 6 May, 2010 11:33 AM