Unable to run migration

Question

• Have installed MR in VPC, everything running satisfactory.  Tried to run the migration wizard (from FRx 6.7), however am stuck on the companies page.  No "provider" is listed and there does not appear to be any way to add one.  Clicking the configure button brings an error message that a provider must named.  The demo at http://blogs.msdn.com/dynamicscpm/archive/2009/12/08/frx-migration-to-management-reporter.aspx shows the provider as "mock provider 1.0"
    Any assistance here will be appreciated.
    John
    John Carpenter Technical Services Consultant SVA Consulting LLC
    Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 9:44 PM

All replies

• If you haven't already, you will need to install the GP data provider from this location:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/PartnerSource/downloads/releases/Management_Reporter_Prerelease

Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 10:01 PM
  • Indeed.  Already installed when MR was installed.  The migration wizard was installed after those 2.
    John
    Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 10:50 PM
  • Hello?  Any further suggestions?
    Thursday, 4 March, 2010 8:05 PM
  • Try recycling the MR Application pool.
    Wednesday, 10 March, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Try recycling the MR Application pool.

Any further suggestion with this issue. The company configuration was fine but the migration wizard is stuck in "Unable to get list of Providers. Verify the Management Repprt Server connection and restart the wizard". The GP data provider has been installed too.

Thanks 

Monday, 19 April, 2010 10:31 PM
  • Can you verify that you get the same type of message when trying to create a company directly in Management Reporter?
    Thursday, 22 April, 2010 4:30 PM
  • I'm getting the same issue - I can create a new company directly in management reporter but I can't migrate
    Monday, 14 June, 2010 9:07 PM
  • Anybody figure out the resolution to this problem ?  I have the exact same issue.  When starting the Management Reporter Migration wizard I receive the error "Unable to get the list of providers. ".  I am able to setup a company in the Management Reporter and the data provider is diplayed.
    Tuesday, 14 September, 2010 6:26 PM
  • Hi Francis,

The SP1 version of Management Reporter should enable you to migrate without error. If you still encounter errors please submit a new question in the forums or to support with specifics on what you are seeing.

Thanks

Ryan

Wednesday, 15 September, 2010 4:06 PM