none
Add-Ins will not Install

Question

• Just did a clean install- no add-ins will install. wssx format on client. All hang at Validating addin...

"the Add-in can not be installed. A service cannot be connected. Ensure that your computer can communicate with the service and try again."

What service? All add-ins worked fine before clean install. I changed no settings- all default.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Thursday, 8 March, 2012 6:19 PM

All replies

• Just did a clean install- no add-ins will install. wssx format on client. All hang at Validating addin...

"the Add-in can not be installed. A service cannot be connected. Ensure that your computer can communicate with the service and try again."

What service? All add-ins worked fine before clean install. I changed no settings- all default.

Any ideas?  Thanks

I too have this exact same problem

Thanks

Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users? Clifford Stoll

• Edited by jim178 Tuesday, 1 May, 2012 2:25 AM spelling
    Tuesday, 1 May, 2012 2:24 AM
  • Hi, Jim & Rosemont

Please open services.msc, and check the status of service "Windows Server Addins Infrastructure Service" is started. If not, please right click the service and select start.

You can also open the alert viewer in Dashboard to find out any required service which is stopped.

Best Regards,

Junyong

Friday, 4 May, 2012 2:47 AM