none
PIN NUMBER REVERSAL

Question

• If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM

machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The

ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card

you placed in the machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to

the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is

seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Friday, October 05, 2007 1:39 AM

All replies

• it was nice information keep it up...

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:15 AM
  • Wher did they show that and isnt that lik having two keys for ur card if ur allowd to withdraw money

Friday, October 05, 2007 8:34 AM
  • really a nice info...........keep it up .....

Friday, November 02, 2007 1:21 PM
  • WELL!!! thats really a good information.. but i haven't heard it before? even those working in atm related security issues dont know this.. if this is true then why cant they display this information in each ATM.. Advertising this would reduce ATM relates criminal activities..

But i just have a doubt my dear friend..
     What will happen if the number what we choose is a palindrome one???  (e.g: 4554) 
    Friday, November 02, 2007 6:55 PM
  • ha ha ha ....nice 1 sriram....

Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:07 AM
  •  

its just a rumor no truth
    Saturday, November 03, 2007 9:25 AM
  •  

Its Just a ridiculous thing.suppose a person having the pin no 8888 ... how will he reverst the no.its still the same.
    Saturday, November 03, 2007 6:40 PM
  • tats exactly wat i ask.. but if this info is true then surely there'l be a solution to that i suppose..
    Saturday, November 03, 2007 8:27 PM
  • u guys are right.....there should be asolution to this...i will try to find it.....

Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:21 AM
  • Obtained the following notification from the Criminal Justice Forum website: 

http://www.criminaljusticeforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=627&Itemid=71

Latest e-mail hoax regarding the reversal of PIN #

PDF  | Print |  E-mail
    Read more about this latest hoax. Here is how the original appears

"PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO  KNOW)

If you should ever be forced by a robber to  withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by  entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin  number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The ATM recognizes that  your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the  machine.

The machine will still give you the money you  requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be  immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was  recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is seldom used  because people don't know it exists.

Please pass this  along to everyone possible. "

Sorry but this is an urban myth. Better to use common sense and give the the thief what he wants. There is no amount of money worth your life. Better yet if you have to use an ATM do so only in secure areas.

Happy Holidays

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:01 PM
  • WELL FRIEND.. YOUR QUESTION IS TOOOOOO GOOOD AND, EXHIBITS YOUR IQ... WELL..  HERE IS THE ANSWER FOR YOUR QUESTION... ALL ATM, PROVIDES A FACILITY TO CHANGE THEIR PASSWARD.. SO IF YOU NEED TO USE THE ABOVE MENTIONED TACTICS OF REVERSING THE PIN NO DURING A CRISIS , JUST CHANGE  THE  PASSWORD  RIGHT NOW.....

SATISFIED................?

Saturday, November 10, 2007 5:45 AM
  • Well i can do so.. But my question is what will be the consequence if our PIN is a palindrome and we use such passwords in this condition.. I appreciate ur smartness but do try to interpret the question properly my friend..

regards
    --
    sriram s
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:59 AM
  • come on guys. I always value these kind of forward email as same as public bathroom door writing.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_reverse_pin.htm

Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:00 PM
  • but friend.. theres nothing wrong in discussiing something i suppose.. if u find this as a wastege of time, then u need noe participate in these forums.. no offence please.. Smile
    Monday, December 10, 2007 7:28 AM

• i know it..but thx for sharing....
    Monday, December 17, 2007 3:18 PM

• I got this one through mail !!!!

ThanX for Sharing !!!!!
    Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:55 AM
  • Nice argument.

I think this is just a rumour.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:16 PM
  • ha ha nice qstn dude
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:17 AM