Lost Printer wireless connection

Question

• Had no difficulty of any kind until 4 days ago. Since then ...no printing and many hours.
    Have tried all the troubleshooters, re-install, am connected to internet (obviously), other computers are using the net and printing.  HP 7460 wireless.  Have checked and reset connections to no avail when finaaly got message from 'Windows Live One Care"

This printer can't be shared because OneCare can't get information about this printer.  Please make sure the PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE PC. Forgive the shouting but wanted to call attention to the fact that it is NOT connected to the PC ... it's on a home network and always has been.    Says to get help with automatic printer sharing and that is where I I 'm stumped ... where is that?   and can anyone help ... please???  I have already restored to  a prvious date .. no help.
    Ed
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:33 PM

Answers

• Since it is a network printer, it is not able to be shared with OneCare's Printer Sharing feature.
    It may be the OneCare firewall if it can be accessed by other computers on the network.

Open OneCare the computer that can't connect to the printer.

Click Change Settings

On the firewall tab, click configure firewall

If the network is shown as Public, click Change Location to change it to "Home or Work."

Click the Advanced Settings button

Click Network connections tab.

If there are multiple active connections shown, you may need to disable the extras in your Windows network connections settings. (Network and Sharing Center, manage connections, in Vista; Right click My Network Places and select Properties on the Start menu in XP)

On the Ports and Protocols tab, add a check mark next to File and Printer Sharing - for subnet and Internet if the first setting alone (after all of the above are verified) does not allow Sharing to work.

If all of the above fail, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Or contact HP support for help.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, October 09, 2009 12:42 AM