none
Does Windows 7 work with Office Home and Student 2007 and Outlook 2010? I am having issues.

Question

• Dell studio XPS laptop crashed the other day, so I decided to back everything up and reinstall Windows 7, Office Home and Student 2007, and Outlook 2010.

I have several issues. First, I can't get Microsoft support without paying – neither my Office nor Outlook product keys work. BOTH should work. The error messages for BOTH say that the keys aren't supported in the country I selected. I am in USA and it says USA at the top. Can't be my software keys since Office is relatively new and Outlook brand new and I get the same message on both.

Outlook calendars won't sync itunes (need to import to my iphone) so I tried Google using Google sync.  Both programs want to use one calendar that I am not using.  Looks like there may be two main calendars, which is probably the result of some reinstall problem. Outlook freezes on send and receive, and I think it has something to do with sync but am not sure.

Further, either Outlook or Office is causing the cursor/pointer to jump all over the screen in multiple programs. I see many people posting issues with this and turning off their laptop touchpad. I don’t want to do that? My software should WORK.

HELP PLEASE. I hate to ditch my Dell studio XPS laptop after 2 years simply bc my software is so buggy and I am not technically-savvy enough to work through all of this. 

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:45 PM

Answers

All replies