none
Joulemeter error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Question

• I'm trying to run Joulemeter on a laptop off the battery but keep getting the following error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The specific details displayed:
    The monitor will turn off and change brightness. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE MOUSE, KEYBOARD, or other input devices. Starting calibration.
    Calibration related data will be stored to: C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Local\Microsoft Research\Joulemeter\1.2.0.0
    Phase 1: Preparing system (may take several minutes) ...
    Phase 2: Loading system ...
    Estimated completion time: 11/1/2011 2:03:10 PM
    Joulemeter error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Error details:    at Microsoft.Research.Joulemeter.ResourceTracer..ctor(MachineType machineType, List`1 powerMeters, String vmName, Int32 numVPs, Boolean& isFrequencyTraced)
       at Microsoft.Research.Joulemeter.ResourceTracer..ctor(MachineType machineType, List`1 powerMeters, Boolean& isFrequencyTraced)
       at Microsoft.Research.Joulemeter.ResourceTracer..ctor(MachineType machineType, List`1 powerMeters, Object syncMonitorLock, Boolean& isFrequencyTraced)
       at JoulemeterWebDownload.MainWindow.RunCalibration(Object meterSelectedIndex)
    Notes: Events . MachineInfos OK. PowerInfos . PowerModelCPUs . PowerModelMonitors . PowerModelSystems . PowerRequests . PowerWakeTimers . SystemMeasurements

I've read other posts of people getting the same or a similar error. Can someone help? Is there a way to get past this error?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 5:51 PM

All replies

• Could you please email the contents of the folder C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Local\Microsoft Research\Joulemeter\1.2.0.0
     (zipped) to jminfo@microsoft.com. Will help me investigate this further.
    Friday, November 04, 2011 7:54 PM