none
Money 2005 UK File Update to Newer version

Question

• I have money 2005 uk installed on my laptop running win7, i want to update my money file into money delux or any latest version.

i installed latest version of money but when i open my existing money file it is giving error.  money cannot open file other than format.

can anyone tell me what is the way to upgrade my existing file to upgraded version.

is there any money 2008 UK or money delux UK version available.

i really appreciate your help.

thanks

Friday, March 16, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

• Money 2005 is the latest UK version. The regional versions of Money use different data file formats and cannot read data files from other regions.

You need Money 2005 UK - QFE2 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26915. The version installed by your disk needs an update to be able to read your data file. The online update is no longer available.

Money 2005 UK - QFE2 will install a working copy of Money 2005 UK or update an older version installed from a CD to version 14.0.120.1105.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:38 AM
  • Thanks for your answer.

i have already download money 2005 uk-qfe2 and its working fine, but it means that there is no other way to upgrade my file into US Version.

is there any way to export all of my data into quicken.?

thanks for the help.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:09 AM
  • You can export your accounts as qif and import them to the US version. It is a tedious process: the accounts must be exported one by one.

You need to re-open any closed accounts to have them available for export and preserve your full history.

When importing to the US (or any other version) select all the qif files. If you do that, the links between the transaction components in the different accounts will be re-created.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Thanks again for your answer.

will try as per your advice.

Thnx

Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:16 AM