Printer sharing

Question

• I had to reinstall onecare on my computer. I am not using it as the hub at this time.

There are 4 other computers and 3 printers on the network. I did a printer refresh on my pc's

onecare and it shows the other two printers but indicates no printer connected to my pc.

I can use my pc to print to this HP 1220 printer and so can other pc's on nework.

What gives?

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:56 PM

Answers

• If all of the PCs are able to print to that printer, then I suspect that this printer is not directly connected to the PC and is a network based printer. OneCare can only share locally attached printers.

-steve

Friday, December 05, 2008 8:06 PM

All replies

• Is the printer showing when you go to Control Panel/Printers from the Start Menu? In OneCare, the printer sharing feature is to show you printers attached to other computers and to share your printer to the other PCs in your OneCare Circle if you allow OneCare to share your printer.

-steve

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:03 AM
  • Yes it does show up in printer list. I just seems odd to me that it does not show up in the printer list under onecare.

It does appear to work fine though.

Friday, December 05, 2008 1:12 PM
  • If all of the PCs are able to print to that printer, then I suspect that this printer is not directly connected to the PC and is a network based printer. OneCare can only share locally attached printers.

-steve

Friday, December 05, 2008 8:06 PM