none
Voice Response Workflow...

Question

• First, thnks to Marshall for providing answers at his site gotspeech.net...

Second... HELP!!! I am going crazy here...

I am a novice VB.NET guy and I can figure out code pretty quickly but what I am stuck on is how this comes together.

What I am trying to accomplishis the following:
    Greet a caller and ask them for an ID (between 1 to 6 digits), Once entered, repeat it back to the caller, if it is correct, play another question for them to select 1 or 2 (1 for yes and 2 for no) all in DTMF no speech at this point.

What I can't figure out is which control do I use first? I tried statement, question, confirm... I just don't know. I have gotten as far as being able to get the digit but I cannot figure out how to create something tio allow between 1 and 6 digits?

So here is how I want this to work:

CONNECT
    IVR: "Welcome, please enter your ID and press # (or hash)"
    User: (DTMF) enters 45236 #
    IVR: "You entered, 4 5 2 3 6, is that correct?"
    User: (DTMF) enters 1 for yes.
    IVR: Thanks! Would you like to hear about the latest updates to the system?" - 1 for yes and 2 for no
    User: (DTMF) enters 2 for no
    IVR: "I am sorry you do not want to hear the updates. Since there is nothing else on the agenda today, this call will now end. Goodbye."
    DISCONNECT

Now I am not asking for you guys to write this for me, I am just asking kindly to help me get going in the right direction as I can figure it out once I understand it.

Thanks!
    SG74

Monday, March 15, 2010 3:27 AM

All replies

• Use a Question Answer activity with only a DTMF grammar. The MSS help has information on creating Dtmf grammars as well as walkthroughs  to help you get started.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 4:39 AM
  • Where I am stuck is the MSS Help provides the information on available commands, etc. but I cannot find on how to properly create the DTMF.

When I tried, I can only get the system to recognize one digit...

Thanks for any help provided!
    Monday, March 15, 2010 2:46 PM
  • I'm pretty sure that one of the walkthroughs is for creating a grammar using the tools including how many times an item should be repeated for a valid recognition.

The RecognizeDTMF sample should also have examples for this - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb800963.aspx
    Monday, March 15, 2010 2:56 PM