none
Synctoy doesn't delete folders during a sync?

Question

• Maybe this is changed in 2.0 (I'm still on 1.4 but upgrading).

When I move files out of a folder on my PC and delete the folder, I then do a sync and it moves the files to the new location but doesn't delete the folder.  This leaves me with all kinds of empty folders on the PC I sync up to as a backup.

Is this fixed in 2.0 does anyone know?
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:34 AM

Answers

•  

With synctoy 2.0, choose the action option as Synchronize or Echo, it will repeate the left side delete action on the right side. But with Contribute action option , it will not.

Thanks

Ping

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:37 AM

All replies

•  

I think the software is pretty much useless as it is.. I'm using the 2.0 version and it will not delete destination folders using the echo option and it's supposed to.

I posted 2 bug fix requests but no answer on either.....

I think I'm outta here and will try a batch file.... delete and copy will work better than sync toy.........

Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:54 AM
  •  

With synctoy 2.0, choose the action option as Synchronize or Echo, it will repeate the left side delete action on the right side. But with Contribute action option , it will not.

Thanks

Ping

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:37 AM
  • I'm already using 2.0 in Echo mode and all of my file and folder deletions are failing during sync. The file copy part works fine, but in the status it shows the deletions failing. This is not meeting my needs. Anyone know what the problem is or how to make it work right?

If I can't get it to work I'm going to have to use another tool or do a manual copy. :-(

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:27 PM
  • Could you look into the log by "View log" and share out the log info, may we can find more to help you resolve your problem.

Thanks

Ping

Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:36 AM
  • I'm experiencing exactly the same with synchtoy 2.0 echo-operation from XPpro (left) to VistaHomePremium (right). It's a bit annoying having to manually clean up those empty folders! Must be a bug! Besides that, I really like the application and would like to keep using it, but with this bug.........
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:06 PM
  • As of 17-Oct-2011 SyncToy 2.1 still doesn't delete files on the right sid with Echo option.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 2:02 PM
  • As I discovered when I made my Echo drive into the primary, SyncToy 2.1 leaves scores of empty orphaned directories.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:10 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah, I'm using the latest version and this is still a problem with the latest version.

Curt Dawe

Newfoundland, Canada

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:11 PM