none
Add a new user 4.0

Question

• I am fairly new to CRM and was looking for a little guidance.

I need to add a new CRM user to an on-premise install.  If I understand the process correctly, I need to 1) Add a new domain user

2) Assign enough privileges to have access to the SQL server database

3) Install the client as appropriate and then run the config to select the correct instance

Is that about it?

DA
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Diane,

If you would like to add new CRM user, go to settings, Administration, Users

Click on new, select user. Enter user ID for the user, hit tab button it will auto populate user's info from AD.

Add appropriate business unit, save record and add required security role for the user.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question

Thanks

• Marked as answer by diane a Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Diane,

If you would like to add new CRM user, go to settings, Administration, Users

Click on new, select user. Enter user ID for the user, hit tab button it will auto populate user's info from AD.

Add appropriate business unit, save record and add required security role for the user.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question

Thanks

• Marked as answer by diane a Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:14 PM
  • That was the answer I was looking for.  I know it was a bit of a pathetic question, but I am an NAV gal who is just getting up to speed on CRM ;-0  Thank you very much for the push in the right direction.

DA
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:21 PM
  • You welcome Diane

We are all helping each others here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:43 PM