none
How to Publish website software - Visual Studio 2010, SQL 2008, IIS7, Server 2008

Question

• I have the code in place and the page is set up like i want t to look. Purpose of the site: fill in data in a form, click submit, insert data in sql 2008. I am having issues "attaching" the site that i built to IIS7. There is another site that is setup (it is in html code and old and this program s replacing it). I can post any code you need to see what i might be missing or answer any quetions you have. Thanks
    • Moved by Andrew.Wu Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:44 AM off-topic (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Ron,

According to your description, you issue is more related with web development. You'll need to post it in the dedicated ASP.Net Forum http://forums.asp.net for more efficient responses, where you can contact ASP.NET experts.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by usslosangeles Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:44 AM

All replies

• Error 7 Web deployment task failed.(Object of type 'dbFullSql' and path 'Data Source=****;Initial Catalog=*****;Integrated Security=True' cannot be created.)

Object of type 'dbFullSql' and path 'Data Source=*****;Initial Catalog=*****;Integrated Security=True' cannot be created.
    Cannot connect to the database '*****'.
    Cannot open database "*****" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user '*******'.

how do i change this?

Ron Sweatland
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:35 PM
  • i now have everything setup and working. well... except it is not executing the queries when i click on submit... what should the code look like to send the data to the database?
    Ron Sweatland
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:16 AM
  • Hi Ron,

According to your description, you issue is more related with web development. You'll need to post it in the dedicated ASP.Net Forum http://forums.asp.net for more efficient responses, where you can contact ASP.NET experts.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by usslosangeles Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:44 AM