none
Remove Windows 7 Cracks, Patches, Hacks, etc.

Question

• Somebody is selling me a really good PC at a great price, it is a second hand pc of course, put together by that person with great hardware. It is running windows 7 ultimate ver 6.1 7600.16385 with a crack or something like that.

The fact is that i would like to know if it could be possible to remove all those tricks and then activate it buying an original Microsoft key. I would like to buy that pc, but i dont want to install Windows 7 again, nor lose the music and videos stored in the hard drive. 

Saturday, May 01, 2010 5:06 AM

Answers

• Without knowing what he used to activate it is difficult to tell you how to do it. Just insist that he deliver the computer with any hacks or cracks removed, that or do a clean install with the key you purchase from MS store.

Also, insure you are paying for hardware and labor only, do not pay for a cracked OS, Personaly I would advise against the purchase but I am not there and it is your decision to make.

This will remove most loaders but will not remove exploits that use other methods.

To remove a loader.

1 boot to the windows's DVD
    2 Selectrepair PC
    3 In the console type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    this will clean all the loaders that may be installed. BUT ONLY do this if you reason to suspect that a loader was previously used, as I said, I do not know what that error code means.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:03 PM

All replies

• Without knowing what he used to activate it is difficult to tell you how to do it. Just insist that he deliver the computer with any hacks or cracks removed, that or do a clean install with the key you purchase from MS store.

Also, insure you are paying for hardware and labor only, do not pay for a cracked OS, Personaly I would advise against the purchase but I am not there and it is your decision to make.

This will remove most loaders but will not remove exploits that use other methods.

To remove a loader.

1 boot to the windows's DVD
    2 Selectrepair PC
    3 In the console type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    this will clean all the loaders that may be installed. BUT ONLY do this if you reason to suspect that a loader was previously used, as I said, I do not know what that error code means.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:03 PM
  • Hello back and thank you for your reply.

The hardware of that PC is really new and great quality, as i told you before the only inconvenience for me is the cracked Windows 7 Ultimate. So i am saving about 200 US dollars if a buy that PC. I really need to find a good way to remove the crack installed, i dont want to loose all the mp3,videos,etc. stored in the hard drive because of a fresh installation, nor i have any windows 7 ultimate dvd. I could buy the original Microsoft Activation key!!!!

The owner of the PC doesnt know what he used to validate it, he only tried a couple of hacks he found on internet. Would Windows activate if i just buy and insert an original key? Or would it be necessary to remove the hacks before?

I could also scan that pc with a windows tool or something and then send you the info for you to tell me exactly what hack activated it and how to remove it, if yes please recommend me a tool to do it.

One more question, i could see it is Windows 7 Ultimate ver 6.1 7600.16385, is it the original final version, or just a beta or rc?, and how can i know if it is rtm or oem. I know oem are installed in complete equipments by manufacturer, but i have seen some oem sold separately in stores, so is it possible to install it on a system bought by parts and then put together?

Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:37 PM
  • That is the RTM

The problem is, one day, when the WAT recognizes the activation exploit it will cause you to go into notification mode. At that point you would probably want to post a MGAdiag here to troubleshoot, remove and activate windows. Personally I advise backing up all of the music and files you want to save and reinstalling with the key and media you purchase. When it is all said and done, a little work now will save aggravation later.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Would i need to buy the installation windows 7 ultimate cd-rom, or just an activation key?

I dont have any windows 7 cd-rom now.

Please also tell me what kind of activation key would a need to buy, RTM, OEM, etc.

What if after activating windows 7 (in a couple of months), i decide to format my hard drive for any reason, would i need to buy another activation key?

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Hello Turboplayer,

Maybe because I am older and have gotten used to genuine software distributed on a disc, my personal preference is always to buy software sold in the manufacturer's packaging.  It just makes me feel like I got something tangible (I know, I know!) for my money.

Since it came with W7U and you want to maintain the status quo, that solves the "Which edition of W7?" question so now all we need to figure out is how to get a legal license.

Technically, your computer requires a full retail license.  You can get these physical software packages at any major electronics retailer plus many big general retailers (like WalMart for example).  I would discourage you from buying a physical software package from auction sites or no-name internet sites selling software, as there is just waaaay too much pirated/counterfeit carp out there.

Another option is to purchase electronically, meaning you give 'em a credit card and they email you a product key and a download link.  Just know that the ONLY legitimate source for electronic sales of Microsoft produts to normal retail customers is Microsoft itself thru their electronic distribution partner Digital River.  ANY OTHER SOURCE that is selling you just a product key is not a legitimate source, period.

A third option is to buy a systembuilder/OEM license kit.  Again there's tons of counterfeit out there, so only buy from a trustworthy source.  If you have a trustworthy source (like Microcenter, Frys, NewEgg, etc) for systembuilder/OEM software, you wouldn't be the first person to stretch the rules and install systembuilder/OEM software on their own computer.  The advantage is that the systembuilder/OEM license is cheaper than retail, but in return for the low price you don't get Microsoft support, and you don't get the flexibility of being able to move the license to any other computer--once installed, the systembuilder/OEM license is permanently married to this particular computer's motherboard.

If you buy legitimate software from a legitmate source, the Software Licensing Terms for all of the different licenses for W7 allow you to reinstall Windows as often as needed on that computer.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:46 PM
  • You should just buy a OEM copy of Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit or 64-bit for the computer. If the computer suports 64-bit then by that. You will just need to do a clean install and it costs only $99.99 US. There is no need to have the few add on programs that Ultimate gives you. Go to the following links to buy the OEM copy.

32-bit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116752&cm_re=Windows_7-_-32-116-752-_-Product

64-bit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754&cm_re=Windows_7-_-32-116-754-_-Product

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:40 PM
  • The W7 working cracks out there all deal just with the boot part ? 

- a sfc /scannow is maybe needed or the cracks don't mess with such system files?

- what about a repair install (from legit dvd) ? is that needed either ? What are the chances that customizations and settings get lost ?

- installing SP1 is it advisable to do before or after cleaning up the installation and activate it legally?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:32 PM
  • You can change the product key and avoid reinstallation as long as the PK is for the same edition of Windows.  You cannot legitimately purchase just a key, however.  You can only purchase Windows.  But you can use just the key.  The safest vendor is the Microsoft Store. 

Get your friend to remove what he used if you can.  Find out if the BIOS is hacked.  You may need to flash the BIOS.  Don't unless you need to, however.  You can instlall the WAT update and that may deal with the hacks.  The update tells Windows to ignore a whole bunch of them.  Try it and see.  The WAT update is at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Also one more question : 

- The automatic boot repair from legit windows DVD doesn't perform all these commands?  :

bootsect.exe /nt60 all 
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot 
    bootrec /rebuildbcd "

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:30 PM
  • No, not the boot files.

SFC only repairs corrupted system files. 

What is needed is a valid product key.

Never use a service pack to cure this kind of issue.  It makes things harder.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:30 PM
    Answerer
  • The problems are not in the boot files.  Windows genuiness is not determined during boot.  The problems are in Windows files loaded during Startup (after the boot sequence completes).  Genuineness is also checked after Windows is up and running, such as when you choose an optional download.  There is nothing wrong with Windows so none of the Windows repair tools or strategies help at all.  The problem is the licensing information that is hacked into the files used by the software protection service.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:43 PM
    Answerer
  • So if replace the hacked files used by the software protection service with original ones theoretically should be ok ? lol 

"optional download" = optional windows update ? 

"No, not the boot files." = ?

• Edited by monographix Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:52 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Correct, if you also have a valid key as well.  You would have to rebuild the licensing store also.  But you can always do an upgrade in place (aka repair install) with your new copy and everything gets fixed.  Unless you observe announcement 1 above and provide an MGADiag report here no one here can say for sure what you have.

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:51 PM
    Answerer
  • This windows 7 doesn't have SP1 installed yet. If i do an "upgrade" (repair install as you say) with the legit DVD (incl SP1) will that get everything fixed? (cleaned and neat-up, prepared to accept the legit key).  In general, is that the final conclusion (as i am a bit confused, some new terms i don't know here) that doing a proper repair install (from legit DVD) is the best course of action before activate with the legit key ? 

I am providing ASAP the MGADiag report.

"rebuild the licensing store" = ?

Thank you for the support ! 
    Nick

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:07 PM
  • This windows 7 doesn't have SP1 installed yet. If i do an "upgrade" (repair install as you say) with the legit DVD (incl SP1) will that get everything fixed? (cleaned and neat-up, prepared to accept the legit key).  In general, is that the final conclusion (as i am a bit confused, some new terms i don't know here) that doing a proper repair install (from legit DVD) is the best course of action before activate with the legit key ? 

I am providing ASAP the MGADiag report.

"rebuild the licensing store" = ?

Thank you for the support ! 
    Nick

Just post the MGADiag report and lets all see what is going on.  Once you press the Copy button on the MGADiag Tool a copy of the output is put on your clipboard.  Then you open a reply here and do a Paste (Cntl-V). 
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:35 PM
    Answerer