none
Complaints

General discussion

• After 6 weeks of trying to resolve an issue with Windows 7 backups, my problem still exists.  AND the Tech Support officer who originally handled my case deleted files from my system which I have not been able to retreive, these included Program installation files, as well as documents, receipts, proof of purchase images, Web Projects for College, and lots more.  The solution to my original problem??? A fresh install of Windows, thus removing the installed programs, then I will lose them completely.  MS Tech support has been telling me to do all sorts of things including purchasing an external HDD, then they blamed it for problems.  I want to complain long and loud about this and I WANT compensation for my lost programs.  (I bought them as I needed them, not just for the hell of it) and the "Free Versions will not perform as I want them to, or have a limited use period.  NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! can someone advise me who I can complain to?
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:01 AM

All replies

• Compose a letter and mail it to:

Microsoft Corporation
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Attn: Customer Service

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:20 AM
  • I see you have changed this to a "comment" not sure why there are questions there, as well as the complaint.

As for writing a letter, i live in Australia, I am dammned if I am going to pay postage to USA and wait for god knows how long to get a reply.  I have waited for 6 weeks to get the problem solved and the incompetance of the tech staff has cost me a few thousand dollars!  Why would I want to spend more? Surely there is an email address or a proper online complaints section to go to!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:35 AM
  • Unfortunately, you posted in the "Feedback and Comments" section of the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  Your inquiry really has nothing to do with the Microsoft Genuine Advantage program.  You might try sending an email to feedback@e-mail.microsoft.com.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:07 AM
  • I clicked on the complaints link in the right side of a web page and it brought me here.  Not my fault if it misdirected me, I didnt author the webpage/site
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:27 AM
  • The Complaint Department has now closed.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:43 PM