none
Error While Trying to Import Solution into CRM 2011

Question

• Hi We are getting the following error when trying to import the CustomerPortal Solution

08:57:16.86 System Views   Opportunity Opportunity Opportunity Potential revenue-generating event, or sale to an account, which needs to be tracked through a sales process to completion. Failure 0x8004F031

Cannot import component SavedQuery: dc35f396-6a35-4b3f-be27-3f2f7bd9d8c4.

The publisher of the solution that is being imported does not match the publisher of the solution that installed this component.

Monday, June 24, 2013 8:39 AM

All replies

• It looks like you have a conflict with a view on opportunity (Opportunity Associated Extended View).  This should be a system view.  I have not seen this error on any of the orgs that I have imported the solution file into.  I would recommend that you first make sure your CRM is updated to the latest service pack (UR13 at this time) and see if the problem persists.  If you are still having a problem, one solution is to unzip the solution file, locate the query based on the GUID, and remove it from the customization.xml file.  Then rezip and import the modified solution.  You may be having a problem based on some other modifications or a particular history of your organization that we have not encountered or tested for.  I can tell you that the view is not necessary for the portal solution, so you can safely remove it from the solution file.  Future versions of the portal solution file will not have this problem as any solution file published after UR12 no longer includes all forms and views of entities - only ones that have been modified.  Since we haven't touched this view, it won't be in future solution files.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:55 PM