none
CRM 4 : Workflow doesn't send emails

All replies

• Hello, Did you install Microsoft Dynamics Email Router ? Regards
    Friday, June 28, 2013 10:35 PM
  • Could you describe the problem a little more - 

Is the workflow running - has it gone into a waiting state.

If you open the workflow- does it show an error - is there a green tick next to the send email activity?

If the email has been created, is it still 'Pending Send' or is it 'Sent'?

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:30 PM
  • K. MA and Scott are on the right track; first make sure that the Dynamics CRM Email Router is operational and properly configured for your organization.  Within its administration utility, you'll be able to perform tests to check its operational status.  Then, look for the created email records in CRM.  The "System Job"s created from your Workflow will contain a contextual hyperlink to these records, at the step that creates them.  Otherwise, you can use "Activities" or "Advanced Find".  If they're in a "Pending Send" state, that means they're waiting for the Email Router to pick them up and send them out.  If the Email Router cannot send them because of an error, it should be made visible to you upon opening the record.  The Email Router also has its own set of log files, which can help you further.  Otherwise, you may need to watch things from the targeted SMTP server and access its logs for diagnosis.  Good luck!

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Hello,

First of all , thank you for your replies.

I'm going to check the CRM Email Router configuration.

When I go to the created Lead, Workflows tab, all steps in the workflow have the green successful tick but when I click in the email (in the send email step), it has a yellow message saying "The message delivery failed. It must be resubmitted for any further processing".

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:33 AM
  • That error might occur if the Email Router is installed, but cannot send the email through your configured SMTP server.  The CRM side of things can be very light on diagnostic information, but tracing is a good idea.  If you can watch the connection from the SMTP server side, when you resend that email, you might turn up better information as to the cause of failure.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:34 AM