none
Azure HPC Scheduler: Running an SOA client outside of Azure

Question

• This question is in regards to the recently released Windows Azure HPC Scheduler.

I've been able to deploy a simple SOA service within Azure using the AzureSampleService project. The included sample code (SOAHelloWorldAzureClient) is made to run from the head node. How would modify this code to run from outside of Azure? I've tried to use "mynamespace.cloudapp.net" as the head node when calling Session.CreateSession but I get the error "Fail to get the cluster name". I've specified the correct username and password. I've also tried setting the TransportScheme to TransportScheme.WebAPI.

My understanding is that CreateSession makes a call to a WebAPI exposed by the Azure Scheduler. Is it possible that this WebAPI isn't mounted by the AzureSampleService project by default?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:19 PM

All replies

• you need to import the cert (you used when deploying the cluster) to your client, otherwise the server won't be translated.
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:49 AM
  • I confirmed that the certificate is installed on the machine. Is there something I need to do in the code to get Session.CreateSession to use the certificate?
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:51 PM
  • I've resolved this issue. Looking at the samples I needed to set the ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback property. Thanks for your help.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:21 PM
  • Besides the way of setting ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback, you can also import the cert (.pfx) into Trusted People store.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:22 AM